Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks Rick, President of Horton, This is Uncle John from the famous Outdoor writer that caught hell for 4 years to legalize the crossbow along with Dan Hendricks, Leone Russo, Ted Nugent, Keith Warren and a few La politicians I just happen to know.

The Horton HD-175 Team Real Tree is Louisiana's official first Crossbow. The Kids in western la are gearing up. Hortons are stacked to the ceilings at our proshops and my newpaper, and magazine columns are running wild.

This crossbow will be the feture attraction at National Hunting and Fishing Day for Western Louisiana, which I am hosting this year in Rosepine Louisiana. Every kid wants to shoot it and woman think it is sexy (and me too) Crossbows Rock guys.

Any way my first tests with the new weapon are awsome. She does everything she is supposed to do..the hunter safety program has begun..and now we need all Louisiana Crossbowmen to join the ACF then I can just go hunting....Pass it on.

One Shot, One Choice
Horton

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I'm hoping Horton changes that one shot one choice thing to Are You Tuff N Nuff. I think I've shown them one shot is obsolete by now. Multiple shots baby, multiple shots! Ha!
So glad to hear this LA thing is a done deal. Now if they can get the DNR to have better regs concerning the deer harvest. One a day doesn't leave many deer to age for the next few years hunts. Congrats to all who put sweat and tears into this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems the crossbow is being accepted now by all those who opposed. At first it was all about greed to keep you out of their woods during their bow season, now they all want to cash in on the crossbow and sell you one as I suspected. All you have to do is make it legal and you get an instant shut up...until they find something else to cry about.

All my tests are being posted in the Leesville Dailey Leader in the Sports Page, a very popular column read all over the South, as Uncle John's Outdoors.

I find the crossbow to be much more than advertised, my Horton HD-175 with the 4 power Horton scope is extreamly accurate. 1.5 inch groups at 40 yards. But just playing around at 70 yards I make a kill shot every time on the block target. The Stinger Broadheads do the same thing as the field points...don't worry I won't try a deer that far....but maybe a hog.

I have one advantage, I'm a world class sharpshooter, one of the "gifted ones" as they say. Now that I have the feel of the crossbow I intend to do some exabition shooting to promote it. I think I'll split cards at 30 yards to start with shouldn't be a problem with the Horton.

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Not a word

:D:D:D:D:D :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts