Crossbow Nation banner

Did I get treated right?

1 - 18 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, here’s my rant….It will be a long one, but I want to make sure I include everything.

I purchased a PSE Vector from a local archery shop that was clearing out their PSE equipment in October. Registered it online and used it for hunting season. Within 3 weeks, the “safety stickers” on the right limbs came off. I contacted PSE and was told that it was just the hydro dip that came off and it is safe to shoot still. Not my favorite answer but I can see that they would think that. As the season wears on, it seemed a crack/split began to form. Towards the end of season, another local shop picked up PSE and I had the opportunity to speak with the sales rep. He said he would take care of it. I saw him again in March and he said that they would send a new “head” to the archery shop I met him at and they were looking for parts…..

Fast forward to September 1st. I contacted him directly to see what was going on via text.

ME: Hello sir, this is Cory Brown, I had the PSE Vector that you were trying to get parts for. Season starts soon and I haven’t heard anything since the Deer and Turkey Expo. Can you share with me where we are on it? Thank you

HIM: They were supposed to get ahold of me if they found anything. They haven’t got ahold of me. Who did you get my number from?

ME: It was in my phone…I guess from you or your business card. Should I assume nothing is possible then?

HIM: It was just the film dip on the limbs right

ME: I hope so, but it does catch cotton ball threads

HIM: Send me pics and a serial number and I’ll see if there is something else I can do

(PICS SENT VIA TEXT HERE)

ME: Thank you sir

SEPTEMBER 4th

HIM: We are going to replace this with a new fang xbow. Please take it back to (local archery store name) and we will get it taken care of.

ME: Thank you sir…I really and greatly appreciate it. (local archery store owners name) contacted me and I will do so.

HIM: thumbs up emoji

Fast forward to September 20th. Local store (who I cannot say enough positive about since he has been caught in the middle) tells me that I need to bring my xbow in so he can send it in before they will send mine off. Would have been nice to know this on the 4th…..so I take it in. He ships it off and PSE gets it the next day.

Now to today, the 25th. Season starts this weekend, the 29th.

Local store contacts PSE directly asking where the bow is. He gets the run around for a bit, then they tell him I have to pay for express shipping to get it sent here…..ARE YOU STINKING KIDDING ME? This has been going on since February!!!!

Finally he gets an answer that the xbow will be here Thursday. I don’t know if I’ll owe anything on it either.

I cannot believe that a company can warranty limbs for 5 years and not keep any in stock for a certain length of time.

I cannot believe that they will let things just fall through the cracks like this.

I cannot understand how a company can be in the “hunting industry” and not understand not only when the hunting season starts, but also that an end user will want to get familiar and comfortable with their product before taking it out “into the field”.

I wanted to hold on posting this until I at least had a bow in my hand, but after the run around today, I had to put it out there.

Again, I cannot say enough good about the local archery shop and owner. He is a GREAT guy and shop and has been stuck in the middle.

So, after all that, are my expectations of care and support from a leading archery company out of line?

·
Registered
508 Posts
PSE customer service has sucked for years...goes back when I bought a Baby G force vertical. Had issues that they would not address. Sold the bow and never looked at a PSE product again...

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sorry to hear you are having CS issues. For what it's worth I had need to use PSE's CS about 20 months ago and they knocked it out of the park for me. I called their CS number and dealt with a gentleman name of Andy (IIRC) who went all in to make sure my problems were resolved. I came away very impressed with the service I received.

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
Hope everything goes your way soon. It's hunting season!

·
Registered
9,709 Posts
Good luck getting it straightened out. I would have contacted PSE myself. Sounds like too many middle men to me. The dealer who hadn't heard anything should have been inquiring about it much sooner. If it were his bow I'm sure he would have,just saying. Again good luck going forward.

Reactions: Matchbook

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately, my contact directly with PSE customer service was not very helpful. It was stated and very clear that they wanted to promote, protect, and have me go through a dealer. That is why I have been going through him. It has been a balancing act there because he is a great guy and stuck in the middle. I can't say enough good about him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
To be honest, it seems like your dealer should have been pressing them a little more, sounds like he could have helped you alot more. Knowing the time constraint you are under, If I were a dealer and the manufacture told me and the custmer that model X bow is on the way, then I would give you a model X out of my inventory today and just keep the bow that is sent to replace inventory. I think the sales rep dropped the ball, I don't think he was the right person to be dealing with this situation anyway, but also think the dealer sat on his hands.

·
10,581 Posts
PSE... had a reputation of quite a few problems, BUT great customer service. You're getting a new bow out of this situation so I'd just be happy you're not getting screwed outright. The salesman is a salesman for goodness sake ...lol They're usually about one level below a lawyer for honesty. You found an excellent dealer. It coulda been a lot worse. ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well....there's no joy in Mudville today.....it was supposed to arrive via UPS and they have already dropped off there. There's always a possibility that it will come later, but doubtful.....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To add to this.....I got the tracking number for UPS.....label created....waiting for shipment. Guessing it's still somewhere in the factory

·
Registered
965 Posts
To add to this.....I got the tracking number for UPS.....label created....waiting for shipment. Guessing it's still somewhere in the factory

Yikes! Cutting it close...man I hope you get it before the season opener this weekend.

1 - 18 of 22 Posts