Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I noticed that to, Animals in poor position for shots as well.

·
179 Posts
Not to resurrect an old thread, but this video seriously ticks me off. Why would you have a promotional video full of gutshots? This is exactly the kind of stuff the anti's grab onto, and here we have a manufacturer using it as promotional material? Secondly, whoever is taking those shots needs to go back to the range, and hunter education. Sickening. Place your shot or don't take it. Sorry, needed to vent.

·
Registered
197 Posts
some real bad shots and I hope the camera just gave us a poorer picture of the actual shot ,if not that guy will shoot at anything he can see.
But I do like the product they advertise.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
From my recent experience playing with the luminocs is they do not fly like your regular set up. My arrows shoot 4 inches to the right when I use them. Maybe that helps explain the gut shots? They didn't shoot at the target and see the variance before going afield? When I use them, because I want to see the arrow flight and hit in the dark videos, it's always a chancy shot having to adjust and shoot 4 inches off target. I'm only using those arrows on non game animals and definitely not deer. I have the formula though I just don't like having to do that mental adjustment with the other adjustments it already takes to raise or lower on the target at certain distances.
With Butchs set up, he totally misses the target to the right side. He refuses to use them.

·
147 Posts
I don't think there was a single pass through either - wonder what poundage they are shooting?!?! Talk about animal cruelty, I wonder how long the animals took to die?

Oh well, lets all buy some lumenocks and we can shoot poorly too!!!

·
Industry Professional
349 Posts
I've taken several animals with the Luminocks and I didn't have any problems with point of impact. I shot plenty of arrows into my target with and without Luminocks while practicing and I had the same results with both.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
TenPoint Barb said:
I've taken several animals with the Luminocks and I didn't have any problems with point of impact. I shot plenty of arrows into my target with and without Luminocks while practicing and I had the same results with both.
Hey Barb,
Can you list all your equipment and of course grain weights, etc. please? Maybe we can see what variables there are in the different equipment. Thanks.
Oh and distances your shooting, and anything else I didn't list that's important.

·
228 Posts
i tried them last year and accuracy wise they were fine,but i had to use pliers to turn them off! easton tracers for me next season......jeff

·
179 Posts
I've spent the last couple nights reading every thing the interweb has on lighted nocks, and the one name that keeps rising to the top is Firenocks. I'm going to get my hands on some and I'll give a report. The G5 nocks are made by Firenock, they are available in multiple colors, batteries are replaceable, and they are acceleration activated. No magnet, no wiggling. Only downside is initial cost is higher, but with replacement batteries and nocks, lifetime should be lower cost than others. I know there are a few users here, Pete, you have anything you can add on these?

·
46 Posts
I just ordered a half dozen of the Eastern made for carbon arrows, which can be turned on and off.

·
316 Posts
I like the idea of the Easton ones that turn on w/ the magnet. You can practice with them turned off & only burn batterry when you're using them hunting.

Yeah, that vertical bow shooter on the video was taking some long distance and out of position unethical shots from everyything you guys have taught me. He dropped that one deer with a high back shot that probably severed its spine.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
That is not entirely true

Kutter said:
I like the idea of the Easton ones that turn on w/ the magnet. You can practice with them turned off & only burn batterry when you're using them hunting.

Yeah, that vertical bow shooter on the video was taking some long distance and out of position unethical shots from everyything you guys have taught me. He dropped that one deer with a high back shot that probably severed its spine.
Easton Tracer uses an "always on" logic system on their nock. It is always on or you will not get that ability to sleep and wake mode. The battery cannot be replaced so when you accidentally turn on the nock, it is dead. FYI, the reed switch system they use is only able to handle a 7g sideway impact. Try wake the nock and drop the bolt sideway on top of the counter at about 6" of height. It turns on, so image what it can do inside your bow case. Now you know the true reason for the so call Sleep mode!

Last, the battery they use should only have a shelf life of 13 month at 65F. That is counting from the date it is made from the factory, not when it got onto becomes part of a tracer. How long ago you think that Tracer on the store shelf have been sitting? That is why it is so critical to choose a lighted nock that can field change a battery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts