Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there 2 types of lumenoks, the new set I bought will not work in my bolts, has 2 tiny tabs on side that cause it to light up and they won't light up. I could swear, the previous set I had was like a button on the top, firing the crossbow would light them and gently pulling up on the nock would shut them off. I also realized that a lot of the light up nocks will not fit in my favorite Carbon Express Bolts because they have a slightly smaller inside diameter then other nocks. Any recommendations on what lighted nocks to use with the carbon express bolts ?

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I'm not aware of two types of a Lumenok functions. A quick Google search of their website could help.

You can test the Lumenok by bending a paperclip to make contact with both pins.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not aware of two types of a Lumenok functions. A quick Google search of their website could help.

You can test the Lumenok by bending a paperclip to make contact with both pins.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I have and they light up, but won't in my bolts ??

·
Registered
6,103 Posts
Clean Shot Nock Out 1/2 moon Lighted Nocks. These come
three per package with three different size bushings each. I
have the orange colored ones and they are fairly bright. These
do not have the replaceable battery. They have a small ring that
the lever part has to face to the right when the arrow is loaded.
This lock out ring is so one can shoot in the practice mode. I
haven't used them for some time. I purchased them from a forum
member several years ago.

I just checked and a bushing will fit pretty snug in my 20" Carbon
Express Pile Drive arrows. When I got them, I tried them in the Barnett
Custom Head Hunter arrows. These were arrows made by Barnett
as per an email I received in early 2017. They were tested at that
time in my shop, shooting a vertical compound bow.

The web site on the package is : www.Clean-Shot.com
Checking the link, that web site is up for sale.

Wishing you all the best with what ever you find.
Take care.

·
3,226 Posts
I had my first lumenok failure ever yesterday. It stopped lighting up when i shot it. I thought the battery was dead. So i went to pull it out and it broke leaving over 1/2 of the nock in the shaft. I took a screw and threaded into the nock and pulled it out.

I use the Ignitor lighted nocks in my other bows.

·
3,070 Posts
Lumenoks wont work on Carbon Express arrows... CE arrows have to much fiberglass in them for Lumenoks to work...

Below from the Lumenok website..

Mike

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lumenoks wont work on Carbon Express arrows... CE arrows have to much fiberglass in them for Lumenoks to work...

Below from the Lumenok website..

Mike
Yeah I was shooting nockturnals before, will be going back to them

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I am trying Glory nocks this year. KTK uses them and highly recommends. The best part about them is they turn off really easy. No need to carry a small screwdriver, etc to turn them off. (y)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You guys helped with my issue! My Barnett/Easton Luminok 3 bolt kit (my first) didn't mention I had to sand the inside. Thanks!

·
Registered
73 Posts
You guys helped with my issue! My Barnett/Easton Luminok 3 bolt kit (my first) didn't mention I had to sand the inside. Thanks!
Use a squaring tool, don’t just sand the butt end of the shaft. I use the G5 Arrow Squaring Device. Sanding inside the arrow shaft will weaken it and the contact pins are only contacting the end of the arrow. Just like the paper clip, carbon is a good conductor. If your arrow isn’t perfectly square, the Lumenocks won’t light up. I’ve had some that are easily 8 years old and fired multiple times and they still work if the arrow is prepped well. I don’t recommend using these with higher poundage bows, the contact pins can cause hairline cracks in the shaft from slamming into the end of the arrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts