Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shooting my suppressor 400td for a while now a loving it. Had to polish the the string release jaws do to string fraying and Excalibur sent me a new string (thank you Excalibur).
I am wanting luminoks for my pro flight arrows and not sure if I should get the readymade or buy a 6 pack of arrows and 3 luminok and install my own, this is less expensive and will give me 3 extra arrows? Does any one know if the ready made one's are the replaceable battery type luminok? One more question do you think bubble level is useful for hunting.
Thanks Ben

·
2,720 Posts
Yes and no on the Bubble level. Yes early season when I am out for a couple Does and have time to wait for my shot and can look at the level. But during the rut when a Buck can show up fast and be gone just as fast the No it isn't. I have a Mission brand level on my Micro 355 and it is great when I'm Target shooting but in most cases hunting I never look at it.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think a bubble is absolutely useful but where would i put it on my scoped Vortex? I have a bubble level installed on my vertical bow.

·
Happy Member
5,433 Posts
I put my level on the left side of the riser. In any condition I level my bow before the shot. I shoot with both eyes open. I can see the level peripheral with my left eye while looking at the scope reticle with my right eye. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: robertyb

·
1,588 Posts
If you have the Proflight arrows without Lumenoks, the rear nocks can be a PIA to remove to install Lumenoks. As far as levels go, they are good for longer shots if you have a tendency to cant your bow. For getting familiar or practice a level is a great tool to check and correct bad habits. I almost always have a level on my bows, but at the moment of truth, I forget to look.:rolleyes: But I don't cant my bows enough to effect a shot out to 40/50 yards.:)

Reactions: Inspector98

·
Registered
13,204 Posts
I have actually had to turn my crossbow a little sideways once shooting at a deer behind me as I was in my climber. I hit where I was aiming too. I don't use a level and don't really see a need for it myself. I only shoot out to 45 yards and am satisfied if I'm always hitting inside a 3" circle too.

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 7 of 7 Posts