Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody had experiences with both of these. The lumix being the speed rated one of course like the xb1. I just got a new xb1 and have a lumix coming with my Swat Xp. I intend on mounting the Hawke xb1 but would like to hear opinions on the speed rated lumix before I do.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you appreciate decent glass you will soon ditch the lumix . The quality just isn't there. I spend a lot of time behind a scope on my rifles and I really do enjoy a decent scope - it makes shooting that much more enjoyable. Same with the crossbow - kind of new to crossbow shooting but as soon as I looked through the lumix I knew I had to change it out . I have not used any of the Hawke products as I run Vortex and Nightforce on the rifles so I went with the Vortex on the crossbow.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. My Hawke xb1 and Hawke rings showed up today. From what I’ve read the Hawke is a better optic. I’ll look into the vortex and night force.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My Hawke xb1 and Hawke rings showed up today. From what I’ve read the Hawke is a better optic. I’ll look into the vortex and night force.
The Hawke products look good -and was really considering them - I'm just partial to Vortex - nightforce .... theres some shock there when you look at the prices....not even sure they make a crossbow specific scope.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Hawkes have never impressed me much... especially since they come from China. Vortex seem better to my eyes. I believe they are mostly Pacific Rim... (Phillipine made).

·
Registered
377 Posts
I went Evo X on my Viper. I really like it so far. I do run Vortex on my rifles and have had good look with them, as well as a Vortex rangefinder. You can't go wrong with the Vortex warranty either.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Anybody had experiences with both of these. The lumix being the speed rated one of course like the xb1. I just got a new xb1 and have a lumix coming with my Swat Xp. I intend on mounting the Hawke xb1 but would like to hear opinions on the speed rated lumix before I do.
Thanks in advance
When I got my Ripper415 I hoped I would be happy with the lumix scope supplied. Well it wasn't the fine glass that I wanted so I got the Lumix variable speed scope at the local WM for a decent price. It didn't make the cut either so I thought I will a different one in hopes that a 2nd was good. It didn't make the cut either.
I decided I was fed up with poor glass quality so I researched and bought a Hawke XB30 1.5-6x SR compact. After two years of using it I am happy. It has met my expectations and exceeded. I see lots of guy selling there XB1 looking for better. But not me.
Recently I took the big challenge and started long range shooting just for fun to check capabilities. Man was I happy I did!

This is what I worked up after shooting at all yardages shorter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts