Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a Ripper 415. Installed the LUMIX spreedring scope (1.5x5/32). Had trouble getting it to work. If the triangle was on at 20 the rest would be off. Didn’t seem to matter what I did with speed setting. I have read the scope needs to be on at the centerline setting (which is 50 yards on some scopes?). Does anyone have any advice about getting this scope set properly?

· Registered
14 Posts
I have a Ravin take off that I zeroed at 50 then came back to 20 and used the speed ring to adjust. Once you figure out slower faster vs up and down it came right in for all ranges. Haven't gone out any farther yet tho. Try this link.

· Registered
9,975 Posts
Good video above.Zero at 20 yards with the top line/triangle. Then drop back to 30 and adjust the speed ring as needed. Then check 40-50-60. Use 1 arrow as not all arrows have the same poi especially at longer distances. Like Wapster said if adjusting the ring isn't changing your poi there is something wrong with the scope.

· Registered
18,463 Posts
How you set up a speed dial scope depends on which variety you have. Most on the market have the top crosshair as the main sight in crosshair and sight in by using that crosshair at either 20 or 30 yards and then moving out another 20 yards and setting your speed dial. But if you have a speed dial scope with 50 yards being your main crosshair then you sight in at 20 yards using the top crosshair then move out to 50 yards and still using the turrets make certain you are dead on. Then go back to 20 yards and use the speed dial to get dead on at 20 yards. Your scope should now be set correctly.
Either way go ahead and set your speed dial to your bows rated speed before starting to sight in.
You can only use your speed dial (magnification) on your main crosshair after dialing in your scope. If you change the speed setting it will mess up all the other ranges so mark your setting just in case you move the speed dial.

· Registered
9,975 Posts
I've never see
How you set up a speed dial scope depends on which variety you have. Most on the market have the top crosshair as the main sight in crosshair and sight in by using that crosshair at either 20 or 30 yards and then moving out another 20 yards and setting your speed dial. But if you have a speed dial scope with 50 yards being your main crosshair then you sight in at 20 yards using the top crosshair then move out to 50 yards and still using the turrets make certain you are dead on. Then go back to 20 yards and use the speed dial to get dead on at 20 yards. Your scope should now be set correctly.
Either way go ahead and set your speed dial to your bows rated speed before starting to sight in.
You can only use your speed dial (magnification) on your main crosshair after dialing in your scope. If you change the speed setting it will mess up all the other ranges so mark your setting just in case you move the speed dial.
I've never seen the type with the 50 yard being the main crosshair. Is that just the Ravin brand or are there others?

· Registered
8 Posts
Here the Ki recommendation
Just thought I’d ad 2 cents worth
Most peeps I see sighting in the lumex speed ring are missing one thing, not saying this is your problem, if the speed ring isn’t changing poi like another post said it’s broke. Bit Killer Instinct designed the scope to be
20 top or triangle, 30 bottom,
Then 40-100 are the hash marks.
GL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.