Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sure is alot of lurking gong on here now a days. Wonder why? If someone would truly like to learn anything, I sure would welcome it if I'm not approached in a disrespectful meanor. Promise! Send me PM's of you would like. I'm not always cut throat, only when I get put into defense mode.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mean people like Terry Williams. He must want to learn something, so I figure I'll just invite him, or anyone one else, to ask me so I can try and be helpful. It never hurts to send an invitation to someone who respectfully wants to learn something. I am willing to give a respectful answer to the best of my ability. Nothing more, nothing less. That's all. I doubt there are any secrets here.

·
1,426 Posts
gg : I HAVE A SECRET...
BUT I CANNOT TELL YOU... AND YOU KNOW WHY...
I just do not want to be charged with :
LURKING WITH INTENT TO GAPE OR GAWK..
dk

·
665 Posts
I went to a different site, that i didnt even knew existed and my very first post was removed.

it is a site that even makes crossbow's, the expensive one's :D

I wasnt even lurking, i asked a honest question??

·
342 Posts
mideerslayer said:
I went to a different site, that i didnt even knew existed and my very first post was removed.

it is a site that even makes crossbow's, the expensive one's :(

I wasnt even lurking, i asked a honest question??
OK...you have our interest....what's the question....just curious...:smilielol5:

·
665 Posts
targethogs said:
OK...you have our interest....what's the question....just curious...:(
I asked why are people so against crossbow's. Is there a certain thing or things that you dont like?

Just asking a honest question and boom Gone

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LMAO. I know which site your TALKIN' about. You posted that question on the wrong site to get a reply. They thought you were one of "them" trying to stir up trouble. Go to any other hunting site THEN you'll get answers. May not like them either though. Maybe add a suit of armor before you do it, or get real good at ducking. Still laughing.

·
329 Posts
GG,

the FACT is that "XB haters" are just HATERS. (it's no more complicated than that.)

if they didn't have XB people to "look down on" it would be something/someone else that they would be prejudiced against.

"prejudice" is foolish IGNORANCE,a sign of "the lack of gray matter" & nothing more than that.

just my opinion.

your www.friend, tn46

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, I understand that. You'll be happy to know the biggie I've been battling with for over a year, finally threw up a white flag last week and has been overly thoughtful and sincere in some letters he's sent, even thanking me and letting me know he did indeed learn from me. He said he's also learned to be more open minded towards others choices of weapons and backyards they hunt in as he's never experienced them himself, and sees everything in black and white, with no gray? So, I guess that's progress. I can totally accept that.
We don't have to agree, just be respectful of others choices, and quit trying to stop any sector of the hunting community from being backed by other hunters with the same passions, as everyones situations are not the same. He also made a phone call from Canada to that other sites owners, requesting I not be banned since I didn't do anything to be banned. It was done out of meanness, just because it could be done. He WAS a moderator.
I got phone calls from both site owners apologizing and asking I come back, and promised he would no longer have the privelidge of being a moderator again. Seems alot of stuff was stirred up on the forum by my many forum friends of a year and a half, to have me reinstated. They kept posting things about Guide Girl and the mods kept having to remove them to try and get over and past the situation. Guess it didn't work well. I am not banned. The owners had to come out with statements and before now, not many knew they were the site owners, just other forum members. I did, as I met with one of them at the SHOT show. Spent and evening teaching him how to play roulette while we were winning, thank GOD.

How cool is that, the kid went out of his way to repair what was done?
There is hope!
Guess you can teach young boys not to poke an old dog with a stick too many times after all. One day at a time. Life is good, isn't it?

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
Always anti lurkers on every site. Terry Williams is now posting his venom on a site in Pennsylvania! The anti's are really attack the Crossbow Community at every turn! Same old misinformation from state to state! They cannot prove a thing but they still throw it out there!!

·
665 Posts
Tim50 said:
Always anti lurkers on every site. Terry Williams is now posting his venom on a site in Pennsylvania! The anti's are really attack the Crossbow Community at every turn! Same old misinformation from state to state! They cannot prove a thing but they still throw it out there!!
He is worse then a bad case of herpies

He doesnt go away:D

·
Registered
8,593 Posts
The anti are learning that they can no longer spread the lies & misinformation that they used to! The hunting community in general is getting better educated and is seeing thru their lies! The more states with inclusion the more positive information becomes available! The BIGGEST problem as I see it now is a venue to speak this information. Many sites are already well stocked with the good old boy anti who have become well intrenched in these sites. The Crossbow Forums become nothing more than battle grounds when the Mod's/Site Owners refuse to enforce existing rules or just selectivily Moderate the Crossbow Forum! I know of two states I have been involved with that have a decidely anti crossbow slant even in the Crossbow Forum. This is just one more hurdle we must learn to over come!!

·
821 Posts
Tim50 said:
The BIGGEST problem as I see it now is a venue to speak this information. Many sites are already well stocked with the good old boy anti who have become well intrenched in these sites. The Crossbow Forums become nothing more than battle grounds when the Mod's/Site Owners refuse to enforce existing rules or just selectivily Moderate the Crossbow Forum! I know of two states I have been involved with that have a decidely anti crossbow slant even in the Crossbow Forum. This is just one more hurdle we must learn to over come!!
Tim, I agree with you, and we both know how it goes on the NJ site, where I am from. I told the admin that he needs more objective Mods. Should be a balance, IMO. Am sure there is only "1" Mod who is Pro xbow, and I don't think he follows those threads. Some of the Mods, there are also UBNJ members and/or Reps!! That is precisely why good threads get trashed and then deleted. All the BS was left tho. :eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Way to go, GG! I think it is just a matter of time before the antis start to back down. Currently I am battling the (Semi)United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania as they are adamantly against a statewide approval for crossbow in the archery seasons. The reasons I am sure you are familiar with and ones used by all those groups. HuntingPA.com is a website that is also moving in that direction. I think some of their officers moderate the site and suspend members when they get too vocal. Several of our members have been banned. So much for freedom of speech, right!

I plan to keep up the fight and will keep everyone on this site posted...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts