Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Second crossbow I’ve owned. Bought an Excalibur a few years back and although it shot well, I couldn’t get over how cumbersome it was in the woods, so I found myself packing my bowtech most of the time. Now I’ve made another purchase. After research I settled on the m370 because of its weight, size, and price point. Looks like it comes with aluminum arrows. A YouTube review showed it only hitting 336 with the included aluminum arrows. That’s obviously well shy of the advertised speed. Saw someone on here was getting 360 with theirs. Any insight on what arrow/broadhead combination would work well for this bow?

·
Registered
295 Posts
On the one hand, I too really like the looks/attributes of the M370. On the other hand, I also like aluminum arrows - they are cheap, fly really well & I have a lot of them.

But those two things combine to about 335 fps. Don't know how light of an arrow Wicked Ridge used to get 370 fps.

What you want to use depends upon what you want to do with it. I have had very good luck with the 435 grain aluminum arrows from Ten Point with 125 grain broadheads. They work so well, I will have a hard time switching to something else.

But, what I use it for is hunting deer with shots about 30 yards & under.

If you are looking to stretch that range out as much as possible, you may want something like a 340 grain carbon arrow and a 100 grain broad head. Seems like that are a lot of good arrows & broadheads out there - check those specific forums.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I purchased my m370 Oct 3 at Gander outdoors and mine came with 3 of the Easton 400 pro elite carbon bolts. I have sighted it in with both standard muzzy 4 blade and muzzy Mx 3 blades and both fly the same out to 40 yards. I haven’t tried any longer distances at this point. I was fortunate enough to take a nice bucks with the setup on oct 6. I was approx 18 feet high in tree stand and the shot was approx 33-36 yards slightly quartering away. The bolt was a complete pass thru double lung and the buck expired within approx 60 yards. I recovered the arrow the next day and it was intact with no damage to the shaft nor the fletching. I removed the broad head as two of the 4 blades were slightly bend and replaced with new blades and test shot the same bolt with no change in POI. That said I am very pleased with the performance of the factory supplied bolts at this point. Best of luck with your M370.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts