Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like to hear from guys who own the mag 340.
Likes-dislikes and is it enough speed.
Was shooting the assassin 360 nice bow but had few problems and it was bit heavy so I’m thinking of picking up the mag.
Also how difficult is it to hand cock.
Thank You

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag 340
23 Posts
I just bought one a month ago as i am new to the crossbow world and purchased after a lot of reading lol, it was a bear for me to cock at first but I shortened up the cocking rope and it pulls much better now, but I'm an old guy with bad back so I'm going to get a charger for it. I also swapped out the quill arrows for zombie slayers, it's nice and light and very accurate, I hate quivers on my bows so I didn't mount, hip quiver for me. Love this bow!
Shooting 400 grains @ 331.8 fps

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I think it's enough. I'll be using it for elk. I'm also using a 400gr setup with a 150gr Stinger Buzzcut. That's with the arrows that come with it. I'll probably get some Tapps and boost the total weight to 450gr. My range will be a max of 40yds.

I use an EXT Charger to cock. I'm way to old to cock it any other way.

·
Premium Member
Excalibur Assassin 400TD
252 Posts
I own a Assassin 400 and my brother has the Assassin 360 (a nephew also has the 400) and so far we are overjoyed with them.
Would you mind sharing what you didn't like about the 360?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The 360 was a little slow with a good hunting weight bolt and the bow is a little on the heavy side for me.Other than that it’s a very well made accurate bow.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Considering this bow for a new hunter.
Believe it or not I gave a Assassin 360 to a friend
to use and his dad liked it so much I’m looking for one for him.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My son has the Axe 340 same as the Mag 340 it is an excellent crossbow more than enough FPS for any game it’s compact and light and not that expensive we bought it from Wyverns he’s probably put about 500 shots through it over the summer unfortunately because of college he didn’t get to hunt much with it this season. He has not had any problems with it at all he doesn’t have any problems cocking it by hand and I’m good with cocking it by hand about 25 times then I put my charger on it. I just recently got the 400 Suppressor TD which is about the same size as the 340 but it is heavier you can’t go wrong with either bow. If camo doesn’t make a difference to you Mikes Archery in Ironton Ohio has the Mag 340 with the overwatch camo and an upgraded scope for like 600 new my buddy got one and it’s also nice.
Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohxb
Thanks for the input.Think I’ll pick one up and as I said it’s for a new hunter.I figure for the price and Excalibur quality can’t go wrong.Oh and I buy all my equipment from Dave at Wyvern.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sounds good don’t think you’ll go wrong with it I’ve bought from Dave too great to work with I also use Danny Miller here in Ohio also very good to deal with.

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
876 Posts
I liked my first Axe so much I purchased a second one. It's an accurate, good handling, balanced crossbow that excels at fitting hunters of different statures. Everyone who has shot mine says how well it shoulders.
We have dealt with Dave and Danny and they are both great guys to do business with.
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
146 Posts

Like to talk and recommend this bow.

• I´m a target shooter
  • with the delivered scope accurate up to 80yards, very accurate, using 18inch arrows, 401gn
  • great balance, great handling
  • good trigger
  • easy to cock because of the short power stroke, to do it more often its good to increase a good technique for, because of the shortness I could use my knees/legs very good to support the pull
  • easy to maintain, no problems with limbs or something else
  • solid build

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
876 Posts
View attachment 191870
Like to talk and recommend this bow.

• I´m a target shooter
  • with the delivered scope accurate up to 80yards, very accurate, using 18inch arrows, 401gn
  • great balance, great handling
  • good trigger
  • easy to cock because of the short power stroke, to do it more often its good to increase a good technique for, because of the shortness I could use my knees/legs very good to support the pull
  • easy to maintain, no problems with limbs or something else
  • solid build
As a target shooter you must have quite a few shots on your Axe Nurso. Any idea how many?
Oncebitten

·
Registered
1 Posts
My son has the Axe 340 same as the Mag 340 it is an excellent crossbow more than enough FPS for any game it’s compact and light and not that expensive we bought it from Wyverns he’s probably put about 500 shots through it over the summer unfortunately because of college he didn’t get to hunt much with it this season. He has not had any problems with it at all he doesn’t have any problems cocking it by hand and I’m good with cocking it by hand about 25 times then I put my charger on it. I just recently got the 400 Suppressor TD which is about the same size as the 340 but it is heavier you can’t go wrong with either bow. If camo doesn’t make a difference to you Mikes Archery in Ironton Ohio has the Mag 340 with the overwatch camo and an upgraded scope for like 600 new my buddy got one and it’s also nice.
Good luck in your search.
I bought a Micro Mag 340 Mossy Oak Overwatch package recently. The package included the Tact-100 scope & C2 crank for $679 great deal. I really like the Micro Mag. I also have a Matrix 355 & Matrix BD380.

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
876 Posts
Welcome to the Nation and good luck with your new bow 400+. Have you had a chance to shoot it much? We have a couple Axe 340's and they are our favorite bows to shoot. Light, compact, and very accurate with every fixed blade head we've tested.
Take care
Oncebitten

1 - 19 of 19 Posts