Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Best policy I am sure is to replace blades. I have watched killing of Hogs with them on you tube by the Famous Ranch Fairy. Tho he uses a compound bow they do a lot of damage. I like the serrated edges. Question is how do they fly out of a crossbow?

· Registered
87 Posts
I shoot a scorpyd deathstalker 420 with spynal tapp arrows with 110 grain inserts and blazer vanes. My arrow weighs 408 with 100 grain ser-razor, and the deathstalker with that combination shoots at 402 fps. I can shoot 2" dots out to 50 yards with no issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TenPoint Titan M1, TenPoint Eclipse
878 Posts
The only downside for me was the tip strength. As much as I wanted to love the 100gr Black Hornet Ser Razors 2 of the 3 heads in the package exhibited tip curling when shot the first time into a new 18-1 Rhino target. I did not bother to shoot the third head as I was already convinced. The distance was 25 yards using a 340fps TenPoint Eclipse.
Accuracy was not an issue as they flew great but just as I suspected, the chisel tip design turned out to be superior in strength to the cut on contact design, at least for me.
I know I could have returned them to Magnus with there generous return/replacement policy but probably won't. Instead I will go back to using my tried and true 100gr SlickTrick Magnums that I have used for the last 20 years with both verticals and horizontals. They have never let me down as long as I have done my part correctly.
I have no qualms with Magnus whatsoever, they are a fine company with a great reputation.
I wish all those who use them well, unfortunately they weren't the best head available for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.