Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1Lite
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Office supplies Composite material Font Metal Steel
I just transitioned to the crossbow world. At 65 and a repaired AC Joint, I'm not going back the the vertical world as I want to stay fixed. You can't believe everything you've been told. But, I need to know if its true, a fixed single blade like my 9 new Magnus Stinger BuzzCut Killer Bee's won't fly right on a bolt. T/F.

BUT, I bought a slow crossbow Mission Sub-1 Lite. Its IBO is 335 with a 150lb DW. My Mathews TX5 that I used to hunt with has an IBO of 345. granted, It's not 150lb DW.

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1Lite
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's about the distance I had heard for very fast flight. I might anyways try them on my hunting shafts which is supposed to be only 283fps with the Sub-1 Lite. But, yes. Thats very close to what I was told.

Just incase, today I ordered Grim Reaper Hades full stainless steel 3-blade 125gr Product Rectangle Screenshot Font Triangle

·
Registered
2021 Mission Sub-1 XR Vortex 3-12 56mm Scope with HHA Tetra
129 Posts
View attachment 224165 I just transitioned to the crossbow world. At 65 and a repaired AC Joint, I'm not going back the the vertical world as I want to stay fixed. You can't believe everything you've been told. But, I need to know if its true, a fixed single blade like my 9 new Magnus Stinger BuzzCut Killer Bee's won't fly right on a bolt. T/F.

BUT, I bought a slow crossbow Mission Sub-1 Lite. Its IBO is 335 with a 150lb DW. My Mathews TX5 that I used to hunt with has an IBO of 345. granted, It's not 150lb DW.
I would say since you already have the Magnus Stinger heads try them. A lot depends on how far you want to shoot - fixed blade heads should not be a problem out to 30 yards. I have a Sub-1 XR and didn't have any lucky with fixed blade heads (Muzzy's and Slick Trick) beyond 30 yards. I did a lot of testing of probably a dozen mechanical heads. I finally settled on the Sevr 1.5" 125 grain head. For me it is deadly out to 60 yards, and one of the most important features is that you can practice with the same head you will be hunting with. There aren't many mechanical heads that have that feature. I have taken 26 deer in the last 3 years using that head. I mentioned that they are deadly out to 60 yards, however, the fact of the matter is my average shot has only been 25 yards. I have been using a crossbow for 11 years and have only taken 4 shots over 40 years. The last 23 shots with the Sevr produced 22 deer - one shot ended up being non-vital. The Sevr is an absolutely GREAT head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts