Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tinkering with making my own cables and strings for my CP400. What is the best string material and cable material any help will be appreciated

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
There's a number of different materials you can use. I personally go with BCY Mercury and 8190F with .014 Halo for the end servings and .036 Angel Majesty for the center serving. But as far as the string materials themselves there's a plethora of various materials to choose from. This is one of the enjoyable things about being your own string maker. You get to choose what works best for you. I personally avoid anything with Vectran in it but that's just me. Some swear by it but I've never had an issue.

·
1,689 Posts
I am a fan of Force 10 for the string and 452x or 450 for cables. It’s is hard to beat Angel Majesty for serving the loops and the center.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I use mercury for string and cables , .014 Halo for end serving and angel majesty .036 for center serving .
I to stay away from any vectran blend .

Reactions: Boo and Martymig

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
Yes, there is a whole lot to figure out. It takes time and patience but if you don't give up, it's very rewarding.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Planning on making 2 cables for my CP400 finishing up my accessory bars for it so l can attach some dampener or a level or stabilizers or some rollers to make my bow a 2 cable instead of 4

·
Registered
6,629 Posts
PM sent. I can help you out with making the cables but your on your own with altering the mechanics of your bow....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts