its a damn shame that people resort to these kind of things

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
:cool:

I really hate that,in many ways.

·
115 Posts
What an idiot. If he used the Yukon in the picture to do it, he paid more for the crossbow than his mom wanted in rent.

Leave it to someone to call undue attention to the CB and get it some bad publicity.

Watch the crap this starts up.

The neo liberals will want to ban crossbows next.

Then some fool will kill someone with his penis and we will all be up the creek.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Then some fool will kill someone with his penis and we will all be up the creek.

Wally's Innovations

Uh? Not me! Sorry. Couldn't resist. I would like to see that tho?

On a serious note, there are wacko people everywhere, doing wacko things with all kinds of different weapons, so I wouldn't worry too much about any bad publicity with the bow. It could have been a pipe. or a gun. or a tree branch. There's already an argument they couldn't stand up to, when the statement of it's the killer doing the action, and not the weapon. I think there's a quote that goes: Guns don't kill people. People kill people. And that's exactly right.
We can't control the wannabees and wackos who have access to a crossbow,or a gun, or a pipe, or a tree branch. To kill your mama is the
worst. Send him to the chair for the ultimate shock of his life.

·
342 Posts
Urban Legend said:
This is not good at all.:)
X2...stuff like this will always make the fight for XBows harder...

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
She was ASKING for it. Wanting him to pay rent when he was busy not working, or even looking for work, sitting on her couch and stuffing his face with her food. Can you imagine the gall of that woman?!
I'm of the firm belief we're over the edge on coddling felons. Costs more than $60,000 each ANNUALLY to house them. And we pay because THEY were stupid. Why are we letting such trash stay alive? Our death penalty is a joke. The other day some dude died on death row of natural causes; he had been there over 30 years! Perhaps we should punish criminals with the same treatment they gave the victim: A dull arrow shat-dipped arrow, through his big fat gut and no medical treatment, sounds about right.
Now we're concerned about losing our rights to enjoy our life pursuits.... just because some deviant made a very bad choice. Sign of the times: Blame it on the object, save the idiot.

Sorry for venting folks. It's raining and blowing up a storm...so I can't attain my immediate life pursuit: shooting my bows. Makes me grouchy!

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Cossack, How do you really feel!lol:D

ha ha ha.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Yo, Special. I call a spade a spade....unless it's an effn' SHOVEL! Glad I made you chuckle tho, that's hard to come by some days.
Wind blew, up to 50 mph, rained all day. Worked in my shop on retrofitting my bow press (pics in Parker category), when I wasn't unplugging gutters & drains!
Fortunately I'm on a hill overlooking a lake. It would have to rain a LOT for it's water to get here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts