Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Looks great. Marty made mine with a CCW string to put CW rotation on the bolt. And the left cable is twisted CW and the right cable is twisted CCW for a “symmetrical” look.

I thought that was a really cool touch (albeit hard to see).

I ordered another set of cables a tad bit shorter so I can preload the limbs a bit more - ought to be easier to blow it up that way. :(

DSCN2357.JPG
DSCN2358.JPG

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Shout out to Marty. He built me a really nice string for my Death Stalker. Now I can sight in my HHA. I’m leaving for the weekend so it will a chance to sit a couple of days. View attachment 180883
Thanks Ramrod, I see you have the beefed up cams on your DS. I hope the strings loops fit okay. It will settle in a little overnight as the strands bed into position and you will gain about a 16th of an inch to your ATA. Nothing a half twist can't cure....

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,327 Posts
Looks great. Marty made mine with a CCW string to put CW rotation on the bolt. And the left cable is twisted CW and the right cable is twisted CCW for a “symmetrical” look.

I thought that was a really cool touch (albeit hard to see).

I ordered another set of cables a tad bit shorter so I can preload the limbs a bit more - ought to be easier to blow it up that way. :(

View attachment 180884 View attachment 180885
Your cables are about a week out... I'll have them finished soon !

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks Ramrod, I see you have the beefed up cams on your DS. I hope the strings loops fit okay. It will settle in a little overnight as the strands bed into position and you will gain about a 16th of an inch to your ATA. Nothing a half twist can't cure....
Loops were snug but I like it that way. Yea that’s a special 110 Rex built me. Easy to cock and shoots 385fps. Next week I’ll have that bow ready to kill

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I make them that way for my Nemesis also. They take a lot of pressure to get them to snap on but I never have to worry about them popping off either. I make them 3/4" latley I've been making them a tad larger just for those who are inexperienced at changing strings and cables, so they don't have to fight with it to get them attached....those beefed up cams need the larger eyelets... It doesn't hurt to saturate the loops with wax before installing them either...

·
10,171 Posts
"Nobody … does it better."

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Thank you for all the great compliments !
I would also like to add that I'm still tweaking and changing things as my string building endeavour progresses.. I'm still perfecting my techniques so, if anyone ever notices something that could use improvement or done a little better or just differently to be more compatible with their bow and or shooting style, don't be afraid to let me know. I'm open to constructive criticism also. I'm still discovering ways of doing it better every time I build another string. Feedback will only help me progress faster..

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Marty, please use the black AM on my strings when you do them. I forgot to tell you before. They should be there today. :)
Absolutely! I recieved them today. Thank you !
Great attitude Marty!
Thank you, I find that keeping an open mind and not thinking my way is the only way always turns out for the better, in the long run.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Marty, please use the black AM on my strings when you do them. I forgot to tell you before. They should be there today. :)
Serving with AM is like serving with steel cable.

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Marty, What is the black AM serving material? Is this something you use or is it the serving material Jerry come up with?? Thanks

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Marty, What is the black AM serving material? Is this something you use or is it the serving material Jerry come up with?? Thanks
This is what all the major manufacturers use and it is by far THE best all around material anyone can use for center serving a string. Some May be good for this or that but, when it comes to a serving material that meets every standard, it's Angel Majesty. It is the most sought after material for center servings. BCY had tried to emulate it but cannot get it exactly like it. There's a monofilament that is resin coated that know one knows what it is. I've asked around and know one seems to know exactly what it is that makes it so good. The problem I was told is that, it's from Japan and know one can understand what they are saying when asked what it is. I just think they don't want to tell us Americans their secret. They're afraid we will learn how to make it ourselves.... that's really something, that it's that good that they don't want to give up their secret....

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Happy 4th of July, Joe !
I meet the criterias....

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts