Crossbow Nation banner

Marty String

5K views 30 replies 11 participants last post by  Moon 
#1 ·
Shout out to Marty. He built me a really nice string for my Death Stalker. Now I can sight in my HHA. I’m leaving for the weekend so it will a chance to sit a couple of days.
Bow and arrow Bow Compound bow Iron Crossbow

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks great. Marty made mine with a CCW string to put CW rotation on the bolt. And the left cable is twisted CW and the right cable is twisted CCW for a “symmetrical” look.

I thought that was a really cool touch (albeit hard to see).

I ordered another set of cables a tad bit shorter so I can preload the limbs a bit more - ought to be easier to blow it up that way. :(

Compound bow Bow and arrow Bow
Bicycle motocross Bmx bike Bicycle wheel Vehicle Bicycle part

#4 ·
Looks great. Marty made mine with a CCW string to put CW rotation on the bolt. And the left cable is twisted CW and the right cable is twisted CCW for a “symmetrical” look.

I thought that was a really cool touch (albeit hard to see).

I ordered another set of cables a tad bit shorter so I can preload the limbs a bit more - ought to be easier to blow it up that way. :(

View attachment 180884 View attachment 180885
Your cables are about a week out... I'll have them finished soon !

#6 ·
I make them that way for my Nemesis also. They take a lot of pressure to get them to snap on but I never have to worry about them popping off either. I make them 3/4" latley I've been making them a tad larger just for those who are inexperienced at changing strings and cables, so they don't have to fight with it to get them attached....those beefed up cams need the larger eyelets... It doesn't hurt to saturate the loops with wax before installing them either...

#8 ·
"Nobody … does it better."

#9 ·
Thank you for all the great compliments !
I would also like to add that I'm still tweaking and changing things as my string building endeavour progresses.. I'm still perfecting my techniques so, if anyone ever notices something that could use improvement or done a little better or just differently to be more compatible with their bow and or shooting style, don't be afraid to let me know. I'm open to constructive criticism also. I'm still discovering ways of doing it better every time I build another string. Feedback will only help me progress faster..

#21 ·
Cant wait to see the string he's building for me. Marty does a good looking string for sure.;):)

Reactions: Martymig
#24 ·
There is the possibility that Japan could stop producing AM. With all the current events that are happening. I bought a little bit more than I usually do since all of this started and so did a few other people. I bought more than I'll probably ever need but I'd rather have enough than to run out and not be able to get anymore or pay twice as much down the road.

#31 ·
Hasn’t AM been around for a good while? I haven’t made a string in about 8 years and I seem to remember that material. I’m glad Marty is making strings. That’s good for him and his customers. It seems that factory supplied string and cable durability has lagged behind recently on several crossbow brands, especially the models that are much over 400 fps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.