Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 135# Ten Point Stealth NXT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After extensive research I finally decided to order a cable and string set from Martymig. I chose Marty because of so many respected members recommending him.

October 28, 2021 I placed my order and paid him (Martin Mignogna) $80.00 via PayPa.
Sent the money as “friends & family” per his request.
October 29, 2021 I sent him a message inquiring about colors of string.
October 30, 2021 He responded to my message RE string colors.

March 12, 2022 I have not heard from Marty. I have reached out to him and he will not respond.

I’m not upset with anyone that recommended him, you were all being truthful and y’all are in no way responsible for Marty’s unprofessional conduct.

If anyone is considering getting strings or cables from Marty all I can say is Buyer Beware!

·
Registered
MK-XB58 Kraken / Hawke 3-9x50 parallax, mildot
3,498 Posts
got full refund from him while back,

took him a while to make em, but they were not in right measures

ive seen many here got very good quality from him

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 135# Ten Point Stealth NXT
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is a hunch, but I suspect there’s something going on beyond Marty’s control.
What is your hunch regarding Marty not responding to communication? Before you answer, I'll be forthcoming, I have messaged him through private message here (CBN), through PayPal and on FaceBook. He's posted on FB as recent as Feb. 20, 2022.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Then he needs to refund peoples payments..
I have requested a refund several time's,only to be met by silence.He has no intention to rectify this,or so it would seem. It only takes a second to contact the people he owes strings to,and offer a solution,or refund.No one is that busy,or sick,that they cant do the right thing.Him being allowed to frequent this great place,is a slap in the face,to us that he duped.He would be gone on AT.

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Vapor 470, Siege, Sub 1 XR, Wrath 430
1,974 Posts
I have requested a refund several time's,only to be met by silence.He has no intention to rectify this,or so it would seem. It only takes a second to contact the people he owes strings to,and offer a solution,or refund.No one is that busy,or sick,that they cant do the right thing.Him being allowed to frequent this great place,is a slap in the face,to us that he duped.He would be gone on AT.
[/QUOTE
he will be if he doesn’t straighten this out everything is coming to a head now..

·
Premium Member
5,716 Posts
Sad to say but something should be done to prevent others from placing orders if this is the new norm for Marty! I don't do Facebook, so no way of seeing if the same is happening there to others that placed orders.

Glad I was able to get my 4 backup sets before this mess happened, but I would have been on the phone calling him to get an explanation.

·
Premium Member
5,716 Posts
How about giving him a call and see what he has to say about this mess.
I did call him around mid January when this first starting being brought out and he just said he was behind and trying to catch up. He told me then he was about a month behind, but working hard at trying to get orders filled.

He didn't offer any explanation other than that and I didn't pry. I basically was doing a wellness check to make sure he was ok and he said he was, so about all I can do.

Reactions: Ironminer and SEW

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just gave up and add the loss to my file "The New Norm".
What I cannot figure out is the fact since COVID my "The New Norm" file has really gotten fatter. Another guy on here has my money and my product. I have a deposit for a bear hunt, pre COVID, that all indications will not happen and deposit will be lost. How can a healthcare issue have such an adverse effect on morality??
If there is a health issue or even a money issue, OK I get that. I am not a stone cold hearted person. It is so easy to communicate today. When numerous communications go unanswered then there is only one conclusion.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Has anyone tried [email protected] from Perry 24?
I’ve only sold 3 X1 sets to members, so likely won’t get much feedback. I do have a set of Sub-1 XR s&c on their way to me thanks to the generosity of a member here, so could build for Sub-1’s in a few weeks. However, I am not ready to be a go-to for crossbow strings.

With the above out of the way, if anyone has factory sets laying around, I would entertain buying them. My hesitancy to building crossbow sets is due to the limited specs out there. If I have a factory set to blueprint, I can likely build anything.

I hope Marty can get the help he needs if he is dealing with personal issues.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
after about 30 days of not receiving goods i drop the person into the scammer category. Absolutely no one makes anything so good they can't refund or reply to long over due stock

A winning lottery ticket is only good if you can cash it in this lifetime..................... 🤪

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
I feel bad for the members who have sent money and not received their [email protected] as promised. I talked Marty up based on the quality of the [email protected] he built for me and the timely manner I received them in. Obviously something has changed. I texted him about 3 weeks ago to inquire as to time frame if ordering and he replied 1 month. These posts indicate otherwise. I hope he is ok but this not right. Many of us relied on him for [email protected] as the big companies quality was lacking,especially the tightness of servings. The lack of quality OEM [email protected] is a real issue as well.

1 - 20 of 129 Posts