Crossbow Nation banner
81 - 100 of 129 Posts

Premium Member

Registered
Maybe shooting him a pm is the right thing to do.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
I have. 2 months ago it was "going to be soon". 5 months ago it was "going to be soon". PMs don't seem to do anything. Sometimes he responds, sometimes it a couple months before he does. And if all the people waiting for strings sent messages, it looks like he would lose a whole day just answering "soon" to everyone

Registered
Add one more to the list. Ordered a String and Cable Set and paid $80 January 2022. I guess I consider myself lucky in that it's only been 2 1/2 months waiting.
Seems like "soon" is the timeline everyone gets. Marty does communicate with me within a day when I PM him so he is alive and well.
I let him know there was this thread out here. I encouraged him to let his customers know about the delays and offer reassurances that things will get done.
In his last PM to me, he stated he never got my money. I sent him my PayPal transaction ID confirming the payment which I also confirmed was pulled from my bank account. UPDATE 3/18/22 - Marty replied promptly that he in fact does have my payment. :) Now just waiting.....
I suspect this is a classic case of getting in over his head on orders and not having a management system to record orders, payments and a system to schedule the product build and shipment. Other members here have placed their reliance on him to produce a truly outstanding product, I expect it will be worth the wait.
I had considered several other options, ABB, 60X, Proline and FirstString, Including Danny Miller but he never responded to my inquiry.

Registered
I haven鈥檛 been logged in for a while. Today I did and searched for 鈥渕artymig鈥 and found this original post. Obviously it has happened to others here.

I paid him $200 for a strings, some cables for several crossbows back in late 2021. The last communication was a few months ago telling me he was 鈥渃ompleting鈥 my order. I had ordered from him in the past. he posted something months ago about depression, etc.

I sent him a message asking if he was okay? A couple times he said the order was going out. Totally disappointed now. My trust has been violated.

Registered
After being patient with him for almost 6 months I finally started the process for Paypal to get reimbursed

Crossbow Nut
This is going to sound harsh, but noobs to the site need to know, for their protection, what to expect if they send this member money.
It's time to wake up and realize that there's too much drama associated with this member. Sympathizing and making excuses for him isn't going to get you your strings nor your money back. I hope he proves me wrong. If he does, I'll apologize but until then, I'm not holding my breath.

Premium Member
Luckily I got everything I've ordered from him in the past, like 1 1/2 years ago. I did Paypal also, but he requested " Friends & Family", to avoid any fees. If anyone paid that way, you can't file a claim, as far as I know.

There are very few members here I would do that with now.

I hate it for Marty, but hate it worse for all that lost.......I guess I will be in the market for a string builder in the near future!

Registered
I had two strings ordered from him way back, so far back I do not even recall how long ago it was. I got one string but it was not the correct string. Sent it back to him, have not heard or received anything since. I am going to go back and see how I paid him with PP. Probably as friend. Sounds to me like he ripped quite a few guys off.

Premium Member
81 - 100 of 129 Posts