Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't been very active on here lately and was looking for Marty to discuss a replacement string for one of my crossbows. His profile says he's banned. What's up with that?

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Do a search and you will find pages as to why.
For all anyone knows, he may have passed away.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know what happened to him, but he ripped off a lot of people on the site including me. I had got a string from Marty that was fabulous so I decided to get an extra string & cable from him last fall. After many emails back and forth saying he was just behind, then nothing. I don't think he is on here anymore. He made great strings. Hopefully, he can turn his life around!!

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a shame things ended up this way for him. Years ago he was a super passionate crossbow guy. If I remember correctly, he started out a TenPoint guy and for some crazy reason he got hooked on Scorpyd crossbows. He had big dreams of deer and turkey hunting but I don't believe that ever really worked out for him. He then started making strings as a hobby. It seemed to be therapeutic for him with all of the issues he had going on in his life. Apparently that "hobby" evolved into something more than he was able to handle....

·
Premium Member
5,947 Posts
He sold his beloved scorpyd on eBay last week so times must really be getting rough

After the PayPal debacle I don't see how eBay will even allow him to list things
He texted me on the phone trying to get me to buy it a while back, but I was scared to send him money! It's a shame it turned out the way it did for many here. I had thought of him as a friend...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Not making excuses for the guy but man what an eye opener when I watched a series on Netflix. It's called Dopesick. Watch that and you'll have a better understanding of the oxycontin fiasco with Purdue pharma and the FDA as it's accomplice. Michael Keaton was the actor, he did a phenomenal job.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Not making excuses for the guy but man what an eye opener when I watched a series on Netflix. It's called Dopesick. Watch that and you'll have a better understanding of the oxycontin fiasco with Purdue pharma and the FDA as it's accomplice. Michael Keaton was the actor, he did a phenomenal job.
Imagine that there’s mandatory minimums for selling street drugs, with conspiracy for selling street drugs you don’t even need proof of an actual crime and these people(big pharma) did this shit to so many people and for zero prison time. The USA is a messed up place. 😢

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Imagine that there’s mandatory minimums for selling street drugs, with conspiracy for selling street drugs you don’t even need proof of an actual crime and these people(big pharma) did this shit to so many people and for zero prison time. The USA is a messed up place. 😢
Here we go, let's turn a simple post into a Political BS session. This is pretty much the reason I haven't been on this forum in several months. If you don't like it here in the USA.... GTFO!!!!!

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Here we go, let's turn a simple post into a Political BS session. This is pretty much the reason I haven't been on this forum in several months. If you don't like it here in the USA.... GTFO!!!!!
Your ignorance and low IQ is showing. You should follow your own advice and GTFO 😂

so you want free speech while censoring mine?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts