Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Wow! That sheared off clean as a whistle right at the rocker and riser line.Never seen that before.Thanks for the Pic!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I'm hoping that you were not injured? I would have needed an underwear. change,I do believe

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,681 Posts
It's all in the way the bows are toleranced. I use Mercury and 8190-F and they are the more forgiving materials on the market. When you start adding Vectran to the materials that's when they get less unforgiving and the manufacturers know if their bows will tolerate strings with Vectran in them. I stick to the materials that have the most elasticity because they are the most forgiving on the limbs.

·
Registered
Nemesis 480 & DeathStalker 380, I live near Greensburg PA. I enjoy building custom strings
7,681 Posts
I had Marty’s string and cables on when this happen. I’m sure it wasn’t the string and cable’s fault but I put the Rogue string and cables back on when Scorpyd sent me new limbs and cams.

View attachment 201867
One thing your failing to mention is how you were twisting your cables up to take your ATA in a little. You were asking me to make your cables a little shorter than spec..... apparently this is what happens when your not sure about what your doing... either you twisted them up a little to much or all the on and off with the cables or the repeated pressing of the limbs without giving them a chance to relax caused this or the piece of Teflon slipped out of place that cushions the limb pocket. Either way, I can garuntee you that it wasn't because of the material I use....

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
One thing your failing to mention is how you were twisting your cables up to take your ATA in a little. You were asking me to make your cables a little shorter than spec..... apparently this is what happens when your not sure about what your doing... either you twisted them up a little to much or all the on and off with the cables or the repeated pressing of the limbs without giving them a chance to relax caused this or the piece of Teflon slipped out of place that cushions the limb pocket. Either way, I can garuntee you that it wasn't because of the material I use....
You memory isn’t quite right.

On your 1st set of string and cables, I liked them very much. You made one cable CW and the other cable CCW and they had a symmetrical look when installed. I could never get the timing holes past the normal 3/8” from the limb face without having to twist them too much. Knowing that serving applied the same as the string twist will loosen when twists are added, I stayed at the 3/8” timing mark.

So I decided to order just another set of cables only - same red and black strands with all red serving. I wanted one twisted CW and one twisted CCW, and one of them - I don’t remember which - was to be 1/8” shorter than the other one (for the shorter route in the deeper cable slide slot).

You shipped me two cables that were both twisted CW. But I could tell they were both built the same length and you just added more twists to one of them to make it shorter - I was expecting it to be built shorter. It was easy to see the red/black twists closer together on the shorter cable than on the other longer one.

And instead of all red serving - for whatever reason - you put some tan or beige serving on the puck hook end loops. I thought WTH is this?

But I appreciate you refunding my money. If anyone would like them they have have them for the $6 it will cost to ship them. (Did you ever get you CBN sponsorship status yet)?

fullsizeoutput_103c.jpeg

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
tpcollins: you are the one causing the problems. If you had let Marty build the cables properly and the same length,
then it is just a matter of installing them and and adding the required 1/2 or full twists. If you keep messing around
with the CW and CCW situation you will never get things installed properly. Both cables should be either built clockwise
or counter clockwise as it does not matter as long as they are built the same.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
There are some of us string makers that twist up our strings ccw. While others twist them cw. What does matter is they all be the same direction, all ccw or cw. Then you serve them opposite direction. You absolutely never mix n match directions. Materials used i prefer to give some, they will always give a tad even though you add a twist here n there. I also don't mix n match diff string materials or materials that come from Company that has done that

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
You memory isn’t quite right.

On your 1st set of string and cables, I liked them very much. You made one cable CW and the other cable CCW and they had a symmetrical look when installed. I could never get the timing holes past the normal 3/8” from the limb face without having to twist them too much. Knowing that serving applied the same as the string twist will loosen when twists are added, I stayed at the 3/8” timing mark.

So I decided to order just another set of cables only - same red and black strands with all red serving. I wanted one twisted CW and one twisted CCW, and one of them - I don’t remember which - was to be 1/8” shorter than the other one (for the shorter route in the deeper cable slide slot).

You shipped me two cables that were both twisted CW. But I could tell they were both built the same length and you just added more twists to one of them to make it shorter - I was expecting it to be built shorter. It was easy to see the red/black twists closer together on the shorter cable than on the other longer one.

And instead of all red serving - for whatever reason - you put some tan or beige serving on the puck hook end loops. I thought WTH is this?

But I appreciate you refunding my money. If anyone would like them they have have them for the $6 it will cost to ship them. (Did you ever get you CBN sponsorship status yet)?

View attachment 201913
Am i missing something here ? Did Marty decide to make one cable cw n the other ccw ? Or was this ordered like that ? You never mix directions building strings ! Serving the loops, did y'all agree on a certain color they were to be served in ?.

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 160 Aerocrank AD, Scorpyd Ventilator 110, Scorpyd Deathstalker 420
582 Posts
Today I had my bow shop install Marty's strings and cables on my Swat XP. My bow shop stated the Strings and cables were perfect and no need to adjust anything to get the bow timed.Thank you Marty for your customer service and your attention to detail!!
Don
Marty is my man for strings and cables! His quality is top notch!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
I have been using Marty's strings and I sent a bow to Rex before Jerry was doing warranty work with Marty's string set in it and it did not voud my warranty

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I probably should have used the word “elasticity” instead of stretch, which seems like a more appropriate term.

If strings and cables were made of braided steel cables with no “elasticity” at all, would the limbs, cams, and riser take a beating or would there be zero issues?
I have a Horton Legend that is over 20 years old. It has braided cables that have never been replaced. The cables are coated with Teflon to allow them cross against each other. String has been replaced two times.
Guess it's too simple for crossbows now days.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
If you had let Marty build the cables properly and the same length,
then it is just a matter of installing them and and adding the required 1/2 or full twists. If you keep messing around
with the CW and CCW situation you will never get things installed properly.
Actually, the first set of string and cables Marty made one cable CW and one cable CCW without me asking. They actually had a symmetrical look to them and I thought they looked nice that way. Those are the cables that were on my Deathstalker when the limb delaminated.

The issue I had was with the 2nd set of cables - and because I like the 1st cable orientation I wanted it the same on the 2nd set. But they weren’t built that way nor at different lengths and the tan loop servings looked like crap.

Here’s the 1st set of CW and CCW cables but they’re hard to see. I don’t think one made CW and one made CCW has jack squat to do with anything other than looks. It’s from a cam peg to a puck hook - I don’t think the cable knows which way it’s twisted.

PM returned for the free cables.

DSCN2358.JPG

Reactions: bunnyrabbit

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
Actually, the first set of string and cables Marty made one cable CW and one cable CCW without me asking. They actually had a symmetrical look to them and I thought they looked nice that way. Those are the cables that were on my Deathstalker when the limb delaminated.

The issue I had was with the 2nd set of cables - and because I like the 1st cable orientation I wanted it the same on the 2nd set. But they weren’t built that way nor at different lengths and the tan loop servings looked like crap.

Here’s the 1st set of CW and CCW cables but they’re hard to see. I don’t think one made CW and one made CCW has jack squat to do with anything other than looks. It’s from a cam peg to a puck hook - I don’t think the cable knows which way it’s twisted.

PM returned for the free cables.

View attachment 201939
Your correct the cw & ccw don't know the way they are being twisted. Problems arise because one way you loosen the other way you tighten. Now the served section does know the direction the string/cable is turning n will allow looseness spread of serving & total messed up string/cable

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have nothing but praise for Mr Marty, my Barnett Ghost 420 strings and cables are still doing great, summer I hunt two days a week and winter 3 days a week with no problems out of them, keep up the great work Mr Marty. God Bless.
Blessed Day To All

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I have nothing but praise for Mr Marty, my Barnett Ghost 420 strings and cables are still doing great, summer I hunt two days a week and winter 3 days a week with no problems out of them, keep up the great work Mr Marty. God Bless.
Blessed Day To All
Thank you for the kind words. That makes me super happy to hear how good my strings are holding up......

·
Premium Member
TenPoint HAVOC RS440
17 Posts
Thank you for the kind words. That makes me super happy to hear how good my strings are holding up......
So tell me Mr. Marty, how does a Green Horn like me find your 411 to allow me to see what you have to offer?

Thank you in advance!

Willie

21 - 40 of 40 Posts