Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts on what major bow manufacturer will be the next to follow Bowtech and come out with a great new Crossbow?.
I am sure the powers that be have been watching the growth and potential of the Crossbow market.
With more crossbow shooters and several more states making Crossbows legal, I would think it is just a matter time befor you see the ads or hear the rumors.
I wonder if something is in the works as we speak?

Reactions: Fletcher

·
89 Posts
I think you may be expecting too much to think that Martin would come out with a crossbow, They are not progressive enough in company thinking to come out with a crossbow.

Browning is actually PSE and PSE will be introducing their US made crossbow in early to mid 2009.

Hoyt is an unknown quantity because their company direction changes every 3.8 milliseconds.

Mathews has been working on their xbow for at least 5 years and I think that they are just sitting on the design, tinkering with pricing and waiting for the time to release it to be ripe.

How do I know? If I told you.... Kapisch?

·
11,423 Posts
My recommendation to all of them

is to find ways to lower prices, at least on some models to give folks that are financially strapped a chance to get into our sport. I know TP has stripped down versions (crossbow-only) that are in the $400.00 range, as do others. I think in todays economy:ack2: a $399.00 price is one most folks that really want to try crossbows could live with. One can buy a very good quality center fire rifle today for substantially less money than the high end TP's and Bowtechs.

·
310 Posts
Moonkryket said:
is to find ways to lower prices, at least on some models to give folks that are financially strapped a chance to get into our sport. I know TP has stripped down versions (crossbow-only) that are in the $400.00 range, as do others. I think in todays economy:ack2: a $399.00 price is one most folks that really want to try crossbows could live with. One can buy a very good quality center fire rifle today for substantially less money than the high end TP's and Bowtechs.

All,
Look at the Tacoma (Trac 150) by Horton. It is around $200 retail, and has a good trigger. Refer to the website (crossbow.com).

Thanks.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I think it's a marketing strategy to keep crossbow and vertical bow manufacturers in business by broadening their product lines. If they
can get the same quality by producing the other product, well that's
not only good for us consumers, but it will help guarantee these companies
stay in business, and the market stays competitive in pricing.
If a company only made available one model of bow instead of 3 or 8,
the chances they survive in the biz is slim. Right? This gives everyone
from the manufacturers to the consumer a better chance and more
choices to keep our sport alive and thriving.

·
Administrator
6,085 Posts
Guide Girl said:
I think it's a marketing strategy to keep crossbow and vertical bow manufacturers in business by broadening their product lines. If they
can get the same quality by producing the other product, well that's
not only good for us consumers, but it will help guarantee these companies
stay in business, and the market stays competitive in pricing.
If a company only made available one model of bow instead of 3 or 8,
the chances they survive in the biz is slim. Right? This gives everyone
from the manufacturers to the consumer a better chance and more
choices to keep our sport alive and thriving.
Well said, GG;)

·
11,423 Posts
Capitalism

There are lots of folks betting on continued crossbow growth and I'm one of them. I've got a hunch that crossbow shooting sports and hunting will be big but it won't happen over night. People are living longer and the crossbow is a savior to people that can't shoot a vertical bow anymore but still love bowhunting and watching an arrow fly. That alone, I think, is what has fascinated me over all these years.................just watching an arrow rise in an arc and fall back into the target does it for me. It's the same no matter what weapon launched the arrow. I'd bet the manufacturers are on the right track with new crossbows coming on a regular basis.:cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts