Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
BD330/Short308/Woodstock 345/370 /Micro BD335/TT 1,5lbs SingleStage
191 Posts
The 380 you can cock with the ropecocker. The 440 not! The limbs from the 440 are more powerful. With the 440 you should learn to make a serving.
I am not a fan from these highspeed bows. 350fps is enough for me.

·
Registered
BD330/Short308/Woodstock 345/370 /Micro BD335/TT 1,5lbs SingleStage
191 Posts
380 fps are plenty enough for everything! Use heavy arrows! My Micro 355 get 450grain, it is better for the limbs. I would take ~420grain minimum for the 380.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have a BD400 and love it, except for the rope cocking. I am only 5'8" and 150lbs with health challenges and can do a dozen shots pretty easily but if I go too many more shots, I will pay for it for the next 3 days. A C2 crank makes it easy.

The BD380 should be perfect, a fantastic bow!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a BD400 and love it, except for the rope cocking. I am only 5'8" and 150lbs with health challenges and can do a dozen shots pretty easily but if I go too many more shots, I will pay for it for the next 3 days. A C2 crank makes it easy.

The BD380 should be perfect, a fantastic bow!
I with you Smong, the 400 is fine 5 to 10 times. I shot a 380 once and thought it cocked fairly easy but I think if I was going to buy an all day shooter I would look at a matrix series 360

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi I got the 380 on a bid deal, the price was pretty low when I saw it, before I went to bed I bid 10 dollars about the current bid and guess what iam a 380 owner lol. I was looking at a axe or micro suppressor I’ve never owned a Excalibur and wanted to so iam in with what I hope is a good bow, oh by the way what are the best type nicks to use!! Thanks Pat K

·
Registered
190 Posts
I owned an exocet 200 335fps and the 440. The 380 I would think would be great decision lots of speed but not enough to need rope cocker, and easier on serving s then 440, good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Question do u hand cock ur bows, I’ve been under the weather for several months and cocking mine is almost impossible, seems to tell me how bad things have gotten

·
Banned
0 Posts
I sold my BD380 because I couldn’t cock it by hand! I don’t like to be dependent on cranks for my bows. If you like the bow then just buy a crank, I suggest the new Charger EXT crank! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Question do u hand cock ur bows, I’ve been under the weather for several months and cocking mine is almost impossible, seems to tell me how bad things have gotten
I rope cock the Micro 355 most of the time but dig out the C2 crank after a couple dozen shots to save my back. The BD400 is a handful for me to rope cock at 5'8" and 150lbs but I do it at least 10 times per session to stay in shape. I'm retired with a few serious medical issues and of the 'use it or lose it' mentality so tend to push myself pretty hard. After my rope cocking workout I welcome the crank for the rest of my shooting session.

A serious word of advice for rope cocking, especially in your golden years is to warm up before you start pulling. Get a light sweat going by doing jumping jacks or jogging for 5-10 minutes around the field. Makes a huge difference for preventing injury and soreness...;)
When you are in doubt about pulling the rope, use the crank. Take care of yourself because pulling a muscle in your back is no fun and puts a damper on everything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.