Crossbow Nation banner

Max'ed out on vertical elevation adjustment on my scope.....

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Yelpy 
#1 ·
Gents,

To get my scope line-of-sight closer to the arrow's actual flight path as it leaves the Aculeus, I installed the "low" rings for the scope. The same rings also come in "medium" and "high" versions....each one hoding the scope higher above the arrow.

I have maxed-out at 32 yards on my vertical adjustment with the elevation turret for my 505 grain arrow at 32 yards.

Really would like to avoid shimming.

If I swap the "low" rings with either the "medium" or the "high" rings, would that likely solve the problem?

From 10 yards to 32 yards, I can dial it in perfectly....but at 35 yds. and further, I need to hold the crosshairs X number of inches high.

Open to suggestions / recommendations.

#6 ·
Purchase and Install an HHA Tetra XB. Then site in at 20 yards and your all set out to 100 yards. The Tetra will dial you in to any yardage from 20 to 100 yards.

Reactions: Falconer4ever
#9 ·
Burris Signature rings are what I use. They are pretty heavy. IMO just use a heavier arrow, insert or broadhead. I used to be so obsessed with speed. I’m not saying I don’t like it, but at these speeds to loose a few FPS is nothing. The plus is a heavier arrow is better and your scope now works

#11 ·
I believe most of the Scorpyd scope rails are removeable so they probably can be easily be shimmed. Aluminum soft drink cans are soft aluminum and 2-3 folds is about ten thousands. Cheap and easy to use shim material.

Reactions: dynamo61
#12 ·
I ended up shimming the rear rings....worked beautifully for my bow/arrow/broadhead combo. My arrow weight is 505 grains total....plenty heavy with the 175 gr. Tooth of the Arrow 4-blade broadhead (which fly like field points by the way!) Have not chrono'ed it yet, but calculated 320-330 fps with these heavy arrows....modest speed by today's standards, but provides great accuracy and very stable arrow / broadhead flight.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions....very much appreciated!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.