Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Awesome Tenpoint at a great price. Nice !

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
It's an ad written by the manufacturer alright :D
Looks good. My wife looked good last year too :D
Like the 10 point...
She had a lot of the same qualities as the other girls too

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
It's an ad written by the manufacturer alright :D
Looks good. My wife looked good last year too :D
Like the 10 point...
She had a lot of the same qualities as the other girls too
Well ok then.....

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Really enjoying this bow the more time I spend with it. Soooooo light, easy to cock, handle & shoot, and only 7.1 pounds in full hunt mode with a MAP under $700. I'm just a few days out from another adventure with it.

32.5" in length and only 9" wide when cocked. 14" power stroke with a 180lb draw weight. We tested it with the 445 grain CenterPunch arrows and it shot 7 FPS over it's rated speed.
bows 010 (Small).JPG

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Really enjoying this bow the more time I spend with it. Soooooo light, easy to cock, handle & shoot, and only 7.1 pounds in full hunt mode with a MAP under $700. I'm just a few days out from another adventure with it.

32.5" in length and only 9" wide when cocked. 14" power stroke with a 180lb draw weight. We tested it with the 445 grain CenterPunch arrows and it shot 7 FPS over it's rated speed.
View attachment 142196
And it's very quiet. Not something that jumps out at you but easily noticed shooting the competition's xbows side by side.

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Just wrapped up a fair chase wild hog hunt in the South Carolina low country with the Titan M1. Sure was great getting away from the snow and into the sunny 80 degree weather. The Titan M1 handled everything I threw at it and performed flawlessly. Everything I need in a bow to hunt anywhere in the world. Complete pass thru's on every hog I shot.
hog hunt 151 (Small).JPG

hog hunt 038 (Small).JPG

hog hunt 073 (Small).JPG

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Just wrapped up a fair chase wild hog hunt in the South Carolina low country with the Titan M1. Sure was great getting away from the snow and into the sunny 80 degree weather. The Titan M1 handled everything I threw at it and performed flawlessly. Everything I need in a bow to hunt anywhere in the world. Complete pass thru's on every hog I shot.
:eek: ... I just don't understand "Tenpoints" 1/2 encompassing trigger guards!

Pretty gimmicky, certainly not 100% protection. :confused:

Reactions: Tenpoint 56

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
:eek: ... I just don't understand "Tenpoints" 1/2 encompassing trigger guards!

Pretty gimmicky, certainly not 100% protection. :confused:
No idea, but it does encompass the entire front of the trigger. Anything coming from the back and pushing on the trigger won't engage it. More than anything I thinks it's become their look and style now. Apparently it's not an issue or it would've been changed years ago for liability purposes. I've never experienced any mishaps with it.
Just curios, hogs being wild and non native can you hunt them year around?
Yes you can, Dale. Fair chase hogs are very difficult to hunt, though. They're smart, don't like the heat and are mostly nocturnal. We're in the process of setting up a Crossbow Magazine group hunt with an outfitter now. They are a lot of fun to hunt, and our hunt will be an after dark hunt making it even more exciting.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
No idea, but it does encompass the entire front of the trigger. Anything coming from the back and pushing on the trigger won't engage it. More than anything I thinks it's become their look and style now. Apparently it's not an issue or it would've been changed years ago for liability purposes. I've never experienced any mishaps with it.

Yes you can, Dale. Fair chase hogs are very difficult to hunt, though. They're smart, don't like the heat and are mostly nocturnal. We're in the process of setting up a Crossbow Magazine group hunt with an outfitter now. They are a lot of fun to hunt, and our hunt will be an after dark hunt making it even more exciting.
"it does encompass the entire front of the trigger. Anything coming from the back and pushing on the trigger won't engage it. "

Yes, I understand, "the principle" behind it; I had a teenage friend shot in the back with a .22 with a trigger guard like that as a youth.

"More than anything I thinks it's become their look and style now. "
Not a good idea, no matter how stylish !

"Apparently it's not an issue or it would've been changed years ago for liability purposes."
Personally, I'd never purchase a "Tenpoint" solely because it that trigger gaurd.

"I've never experienced any mishaps with it."

N0T YET, anyway ... I can envision something like a hood cord or Grunt Tube Cord or something similar in nature slipping in between the trigger and past the trigger to apply pressure backwards to the trigger when the the shooter straightens up or repositions himself.

N0 thanks !

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
The Titan M1 is set up and ready to go for spring gobblers. Check out that NAP broadhead. 2-blade 3" cut designed specifically for turkey's. That should put a hole in them.
thumbnail_IMG_4545 (Small).jpg

·
Registered
288 Posts
I think they kind of bore shoot and set the scope up at 20 yards. I shot first shot at 20 and it was off the bull about 6 inches. Yes start at ten yards.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Always shoot your 1st shot from about 10 yards. I have seen many arrows lost over the years from folks that assumed a scope would be on from the factory. I have had them dead on out of box and barely hit the target out of box at 10 yards.
Thats what I do every time I shoot a new crossbow or first season shot,make sure everything in in tune.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts