·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess it was just a matter of time! I'm not even surprised!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
A $30 BH, a $10 arrow, a $10 lighted nock. Total of $50. Better hope you don't miss and your arrows disappears into the dirt. Bows now pushing $3000. What do you really need to kill a deer at an average distance of 25 yds?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
There is a fool born every minute. Companies depend on this fact in order to keep their doors open. Ever notice how the truly great products , you will rarely see pictured in a glossy ad or on t.v. commercials? In my experience, I start looking first at the names I dont see daily or even at all. The best arrows I have found came from a place that I heard of. No advertising caught my attention. The arrows I got from the big guys running the ad campaigns were junk. Same with my broadhead. Bullet proof and perfect. Never heard of them through adware on the google searches. And on and on.
Honestly..... It's like I should avoid like the plague, anyone who is running high priced ads.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I own an R15 & really, really like the crossbow, plus have always had excellent service from Ravin. That said, I’m pretty much at the verge of probably never purchasing another Ravin product again. I think their harming our great sport and the weapon we choose to use by making all these STUPID COMPARISONS to rifles and bullets. They are still Crossbows & Broadheads meant for ethical shots.

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
For this guy I have never been anti any OEM. Not my gig. Maybe not happy with a model that I've owned but would still be open to buy from that OEM in the future. This "bullet" marketing is flat out ridiculous and the straw that broke the camels back for me.

There is no denying they have engineered some great Xbows but they are trashing archery with this "bullet" crap. I would feel creepy owning a Ravin. In my position they don't consider Xbows as archery equipment and they for certain focused on gun hunters without a doubt.

After this I wouldn't own a Ravin if they gave it to me for free!

·
Premium Member
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I own an R15 & really, really like the crossbow, plus have always had excellent service from Ravin. That said, I’m pretty much at the verge of probably never purchasing another Ravin product again. I think their harming our great sport and the weapon we choose to use by making all these STUPID COMPARISONS to rifles and bullets. They are still Crossbows & Broadheads meant for ethical shots.
I agree and OWNED a Ravin myself! Those marketing people are sitting in a nice cushy high rise office dreaming this crap up! I'd be willing to bet none of them has ever even shot a crossbow,let alone hunt with one! But the responsibility falls directly on Ravin for APPROVING the adds placed on their product,PERIOD!!!

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
This "bullet" and "rifle" thing does nothing to help our sport. It gives crossbow haters more fuel to say that crossbows should have their own season or be included with firearms season as opposed to archery season.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
This "bullet" and "rifle" thing does nothing to help our sport. It gives crossbow haters more fuel to say that crossbows should have their own season or be included with firearms season as opposed to archery season.
You got that right.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If I had to boycott everything that pisses me off in life, then I would be living in a cave. by myself.
Well.... I hear you but If it gets to the point of where everything is against me, then I'll suck it up and go along with it. :D

1 - 20 of 105 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.