Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

15,015 Posts
Yeah ... I stumbled upon the number a few months ago when I was looking to PM somebody. I don't remember the number but I do remember I was shocked too. Seems a hundred guys post so you think that maybe there's a few thousand noncontributors. There's a LOT more than you think. o_O

5,014 Posts
If you google a crossbow related subject, normally be brought to one of the forums. That probably grabs a lot of people.
LOL this is funny not you me :). I ordered some Ramcat diamondback 125gr single bevel broadheads with a 1.5" cut. Having used the 1.5" ramcats standards years ago. I remembered i had quiver problems sure enough i did with these none of my quivers would work. So i did a google search it brought up CN and i found one of my old post from years ago. And there was the quiver i found i liked back then. I found 1/2 of it as i joined 2 quivers to make one. So i ordered the other half... lucky ebay had one new at a good price. So that problem got fixed i had forgot all about it LOL.

· Registered
2,916 Posts
A lot of that number of members are deceased, some are bots and a lot of lookey loos that never participate.
Interesting point. With the Nation being 14 years old, I am sure a quite a few members have come and gone. One other interesting observation is, it always seems to be the same members posting the majority of the time.

· Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165. Burky Custom mini-reverse swat
902 Posts
We have CBN stalkers! :unsure: :D
I was one for at least 5 years. When you would Google something xbow related, it would often bring you here, or the other site. You soon learn to avoid the non helpful Google search, and just search the site. Most, when they are new, are somewhat reluctant to sound foolish, so just read. As they gain knowledge through reading and their own experiences, they start to post. Then, of course, there are others who just jump in with both feet.:cool:

· Registered
2,916 Posts
We have CBN stalkers! :unsure: :D
I know of several from my state that could be labeled stalkers. Not sure if they are actually members or not, but they do check out the conversations here quite frequently. Unfortunately, they are anti crossbow, some hard core. They hope to see info here to boost their agendas. They occasionally let it slip about seeing certain posts here. They no doubt may see this post, as I hope they do.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
I know of several from my state that could be labeled stalkers. Not sure if they are actually members or not, but they do check out the conversations here quite frequently. Unfortunately, they are anti crossbow, some hard core. They hope to see info here to boost their agendas. They occasionally let it slip about seeing certain posts here. They no doubt may see this post, as I hope they do.
There was also a Japanese fighter hiding in the jungles of Guam for about 30 years after WW2 ended who refused to surrender.

Tell them the war is over. They lost. Badly.

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
17,178 Posts
# of members that have been activated is posted at 32.4K on the home page. I'm pretty sure that included the ones that joined and only made one post and never came back...all the way up to those that have left this world for greener pastures. Maybe the banned members are also in that count. Ha!:)

· Registered
756 Posts
I was one for at least 5 years. When you would Google something xbow related, it would often bring you here, or the other site. You soon learn to avoid the non helpful Google search, and just search the site. Most, when they are new, are somewhat reluctant to sound foolish, so just read. As they gain knowledge through reading and their own experiences, they start to post. Then, of course, there are others who just jump in with both feet.:cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts