Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How good or bad is the Centerpoint Mercenary 370 for a first crossbow? I've been primarily looking at the newer Centerpoint crossbows Heat 415, Dagger 390 and Mercenary 390 but I noticed Centerpoint has the Mercenary 370 on sale for $153.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
How good or bad is the Centerpoint Mercenary 370 for a first crossbow? I've been primarily looking at the newer Centerpoint crossbows Heat 415, Dagger 390 and Mercenary 390 but I noticed Centerpoint has the Mercenary 370 on sale for $153.
They are clearing out inventory at that price. It's a PoeLang built bow which is reasonably good.

If you could muster another $57 the Spectre 375 is a better package and made by ManKung who are the best of the ROC archery equipment manufacturers.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022109810?pid=246096

Bow and arrow Bow Crossbow Air gun

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are clearing out inventory at that price. It's a PoeLang built bow which is reasonably good.

If you could muster another $57 the Spectre 375 is a better package and made by ManKung who are the best of the ROC archery equipment manufacturers.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1022109810?pid=246096

View attachment 162522
Thank you for the reply. I figured it would be a close out. What are your thoughts on the Dagger 390 vs Spectre 375? I realize there are a fairly significant price difference but I'm just looking for a good and reliable crossbow to test out. Most of my deer hunting is in excess of 100 yards so I would only be using the crossbow for hogs and turkey.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Thank you for the reply. I figured it would be a close out. What are your thoughts on the Dagger 390 vs Spectre 375? I realize there are a fairly significant price difference but I'm just looking for a good and reliable crossbow to test out. Most of my deer hunting is in excess of 100 yards so I would only be using the crossbow for hogs and turkey.
They are very similar and both are ManKung built bows. The Dagger is a little longer, it has 185 lb limbs vs the Spectres 175 lb. The Dagger forearm is fixed. Both triggers are the same and they shoot the same arrows. There isn't a quality difference or feature difference. Both are well up to the task of pigs and turkeys. I'd go with the better buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are very similar and both are ManKung built bows. The Dagger is a little longer, it has 185 lb limbs vs the Spectres 175 lb. The Dagger forearm is fixed. Both triggers are the same and they shoot the same arrows. There isn't a quality difference or feature difference. Both are well up to the task of pigs and turkeys. I'd go with the better buy.
Is there a picatinny rail on the bottom of the Spectre that I can mount a picatinny arca swiss adapter for tripod mount?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
There is....

Gun Firearm Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.