Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why don't you guys get yourself a spokesperson for the cause. I thought long and hard about it and 1 name came to mind. I didn't know what his stance was on the crossbow but I knew he was definitely a pro hunter and a bow hunter. I bet most of you already know who I am talking about. The one and only Uncle Ted Nugent.
Here is a cut and paste from his Q&A section on his hunting website:
Do you agree with allowing crossbow use during bow season?

I believe crossbows should be legal for all legal hunters from the opening day of firearms season 11-15 thru the end of all deer seasons. I also agree with the professional biologists that MI & most states bow season should begin 9-1 & go thru 2-1 of the following year with baglimits appropriate to regional balance needs. I believe that QDM should be decided region by region by a vote by the licensed hunters. There is no doubt that our deer herd would improve dynamically & hunt opps would as well. Godbless the BloodBrothers, Ted

Not sure if he would do it or not but I can't think of another human more suited for the job of changing crossbow law in Michigan. Probably any other state for that matter. Here is an avid bow hunter in favor of the crossbow with all of the proper hunting values and Quality Deer Management values you could hope for. Someone with enough clout could probably get in touch with his people and see if he is interested. It would be a super push in the right direction for all states if he would speak on behalf of the crossbow for your state wouldn't it?

Here is the person to talk to if you are interested in press and appearance inquiries:

Linda Peterson

517-750-9060 ext. 13

[email protected]

·
101 Posts
Ted Nugents Position On Crossbows Is A *****negative One***** In The Aspect Of Allowing Them Into Bow Season And Has Stated So In Public Forum. Soooooo That Excludes Him 100% For Our Total Inclusion Cause Here In Michigan. But, You Are Right He Would Be A Good One To Have Speaking On Our Behalf Imho! Maybe Later He'll Come Around And See The Light. Not Everyone Comes Around Right Away, But Sooner Or Later They Will.;)

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ted's comment is clear to me. He wants a pristine bow season prior to gun season. If you want to use a crossbow from gun season till the end of all deer hunting seasons then it would be fine. Thats way better than you have it now in my opinion. You have to be old or crippled to use a crossbow in Michigan. Why is it not a fair exchange to wait for all the gun hunters to shoot up the woods then use a crossbow? This seems like the next step in your evolution to me. The bow hunters get their early rut season. The gun hunters get to rock the forest to hell and back. While that is happening you get to hunt from that opening day till the end of the last deer season whether it be the end of bow season or the the end of muzzle loader season. Whatever comes last for you guys you get to gun hunt with a crossbow from bang to thwack seasons ending. I would settle for this if I were you guys in Michigan. I understand that you want it a particular way and you want it now. You guys are about 30 years off what we have here in OH and I don't see it getting better anytime soon. But the positive note is that you are moving in the right directions.

·
2,811 Posts
Dan,
We can't compromise on the issue right now , we have to go full speed ahead with full inclusion, we have to show how strong we are right now, we also have alot more support from the MI. hunting community then the antis thought we would. I understand what you are saying and appreciate your support..

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
beervo2 said:
Dan,
We can't compromise on the issue right now , we have to go full speed ahead with full inclusion, we have to show how strong we are right now, we also have alot more support from the MI. hunting community then the antis thought we would. I understand what you are saying and appreciate your support..
Ask for all then settle for less - maybe. If you ask for a little it's a guarantee you're setting up for a disappointment. Personally I would not settle or even hint of a compromise.

·
665 Posts
I just heard that a rumor is going around that the crossbow bill in michigan is dead in the senate and not going to be voted on till some time next year

If this is true, it is a sad day in michigan, and a very bias and discriminating one

Yes Terry I am Pissed if this is true, so go ahead and start something now

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't even aware the senate had resumed. I wouldn't say it is dead. It just isn't on the top of the priority list and will get pushed back while other more important affairs are dealt with. I had a feeling it would not make it this year anyways.

·
2,811 Posts
mideerslayer said:
I just heard that a rumor is going around that the crossbow bill in michigan is dead in the senate and not going to be voted on till some time next year

If this is true, it is a sad day in michigan, and a very bias and discriminating one

Yes Terry I am Pissed if this is true, so go ahead and start something now
The senate does not resume till the 13th, we were told at the committee meeting there was only a 25% chance of it being voted on this year, they are only in session 4 or 5 weeks the rest of the year..

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All the more reason to mail the senate to see if you can get it expedited.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts