Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Shot my Micro after taking the stock apart to inspect the bolts that attach the trigger housing. They were still tight so I put everything together and this is the result. First shot at 50yards then one shot at 60yards one at 70 and the last one at 80yards. all confirmed she shoots low. After 5clicks up next shot cut the x at 80yards. Ran out of daylight but took one last shot after the 5 clicks adjustment at 40yards and she's back to perfect accuracy. Moral of the story. Never assume your crossbow is still on after taking the stock apart to inspect the trigger bolts.

JH HUNTER

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good little crossbows
Moon, I cannot help but to love this crossbow. On a bad day, she will give me one and a half inch 3 shot group at 80yards with a fixed blade broadhead, on a good day sub one. No special arrows, no nock tune, no spine locating, just the standard Excalibur quills with heavy broadheads. FOC close to 30%

JH HUNTER

Registered
That's a long poke for a bow shooting slowly. What do you think the FPS is? I'm thinking around 300 fps?
The KE and momentum are still very high though.

Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That's a long poke for a bow shooting slowly. What do you think the FPS is? I'm thinking around 300 fps.
The speed is 290fps with the 505gr. arrow. And the 80yard practice is just that, practice. I don't shoot at a live animal past 50yards. The Micro crossbows are just as accurate as the longer limb Excaliburs. I have both. The only necessity with them is a scope or rail bubble level. It's just easier to see if you're not level with the longer limb bows.

JH HUNTER

Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165. TB Custom Horton X-treme
During hunting season, I always discharge my bow like I am killing my intended. 99% of the time it is hohum. Even then, to me it reassuring to know nothing has changed from the last hunting session. Worst case scenario, I have 1 session that has a remote possibility of an iffy outcome. I do have the advantage of living rural, with plenty of great lighting for those after reasonable shooting time, to check my setups. The small amount of perceived "wear and tear" on my setups, is acceptable collateral damage.

Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Micro Mag 340
Shot my Micro after taking the stock apart to inspect the bolts that attach the trigger housing. They were still tight so I put everything together and this is the result. First shot at 50yards then one shot at 60yards one at 70 and the last one at 80yards. all confirmed she shoots low. After 5clicks up next shot cut the x at 80yards. Ran out of daylight but took one last shot after the 5 clicks adjustment at 40yards and she's back to perfect accuracy. Moral of the story. Never assume your crossbow is still on after taking the stock apart to inspect the trigger bolts.

JH HUNTER
Nice!!! So, factory 250gr Quill bolts, what weight & brand of broadhead?

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a long poke for a bow shooting slowly. What do you think the FPS is? I'm thinking around 300 fps?
I shoot both crossbow and vertical compound. The vertical bow is one of the fast bows, Bowtech Invasion CPX, and the speed with my hunting arrows is almost equal to my Micro setup. Around 290fps. It's only our crossbow people that think 300fps is a slow rig. We cannot kill without 400 or 500fps crossbows.

JH HUNTER

Registered
I shoot both crossbow and vertical compound. The vertical bow is one of the fast bows, Bowtech Invasion CPX, and the speed with my hunting arrows is almost equal to my Micro setup. Around 290fps. It's only our crossbow people that think 300fps is a slow rig. We cannot kill without 400 or 500fps crossbows.

JH HUNTER
No criticism. Just trying to get the specs right. You have all my respect shooting that equipment.

Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
All good. It gets the job done for me. So much so that my wife wants to move me and the trophies out of the house.

JH HUNTER
Somehow...I know that feeling!!! 馃ぃ 馃槀馃ぃ

1 - 20 of 54 Posts