Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
14,038 Posts
Shot my Micro after taking the stock apart to inspect the bolts that attach the trigger housing. They were still tight so I put everything together and this is the result. First shot at 50yards then one shot at 60yards one at 70 and the last one at 80yards. all confirmed she shoots low. After 5clicks up next shot cut the x at 80yards. Ran out of daylight but took one last shot after the 5 clicks adjustment at 40yards and she's back to perfect accuracy. Moral of the story. Never assume your crossbow is still on after taking the stock apart to inspect the trigger bolts.

JH HUNTER
We put ... those broadheads on top of fences around here...lol Order Wrought Iron Metal Art Components Spear Point Hot Stamped Pack of 1 Online (onlinemetals.com)
Fence Rectangle Font Symmetry Terrestrial plant

·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·

·
14,038 Posts
Dam Duke! take your grinder and go and cut me some, please!

JH HUNTER
Only two ... American dollars too!...lol (what's that in Rands???) :p ;)

·
SE VA
14,068 Posts
I still have my beloved early production Micro. I shortened the barrel 1.5” just for fun. It’s rock solid and consistently accurate with my 15” arrows shooting 125 grain Slick Tricks. It’s quite a bit heavier than my new MagAir though but so easy to cock with a cocking rope even with my stroke affected right arm and hand.
Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle part Grass Bicycle accessory

·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Have you tried any of the other VPA weights or just the 250s?
150,175, 250, and 300gr. All shot very good groups but my favorite weight range are 175-250gr. Even the heavy 300gr. Was deadly accurate. That's with the quill arrows. If I had a 90 or 110gr. front insert in the arrow I would have probably liked 150 or 175gr. more.

JH HUNTER

·
Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Micro Mag 340
481 Posts
150,175, 250, and 300gr. All shot very good groups but my favorite weight range are 175-250gr. Even the heavy 300gr. Was deadly accurate. That's with the quill arrows. If I had a 90 or 110gr. front insert in the arrow I would have probably liked 150 or 175gr. more.

JH HUNTER
Where are you positioning/tuning the 2 blade with the flights?

·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
No nock tune, no spine locating or matching. The greater FOC with the heavier arrows made them shoot any broadhead orientation with more accuracy than needed. Some line up with a fletch some don't. Just doesn't matter to me. my FOC is greater than 20% The 250gr is running close to 30% That's the only reason I can think of why it doesn't matter on my arrows.

JH HUNTER

·
Registered
481 Posts
No nock tune, no spine locating or matching. The greater FOC with the heavier arrows made them shoot any broadhead orientation with more accuracy than needed. Some line up with a fletch some don't. Just doesn't matter to me. my FOC is greater than 20% The 250gr is running close to 30% That's the only reason I can think of why it doesn't matter on my arrows.

JH HUNTER
Impressive!

·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If there is one broadhead tip arrow that shoot consistently left or right from the others I would just rotate the fletch that goes down in the rail slot until it group with the others and mark that fletch. But very rarely.

JH HUNTER

·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What I've seen from the other crossbows I had was when your speed goes past 350fps. Things like FOC, noctune, fletching size, arrow spine, broadhead orientation, broadhead size, and so on became more critical. That and the reason that there are no cams that can go out of sync is maybe why Excaliburs have such a reputation for shooting just about everything you feed it with very good accuracy.

JH HUNTER

·
14,038 Posts
What I've seen from the other crossbows I had was when your speed goes past 350fps. Things like FOC, noctune, fletching size, arrow spine, broadhead orientation, broadhead size, and so on became more critical. That and the reason that there are no cams that can go out of sync is maybe why Excaliburs have such a reputation for shooting just about everything you feed it with very good accuracy.

JH HUNTER
Yeah ... with those bows & arrows at those heavy weights & slow speeds it's like kicking boulders off a ridge. Plenty accurate. Ten pounds or 50lbs, they all fall the same and hit the ground in the same spot. 😂 :cool::sneaky:;)
Sky Cloud Bedrock Wood Landscape
Smile Plant Automotive tire Grass Terrestrial animal

·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·

·
4,530 Posts
I never got into the micros, mainly because Wv had a 18” arrow law for years. I think it has changed to 16” now. And I had already started putting the 360 BD together. So still no micro :).

I have found Excaliburs to shoot as good as any bow out there. And do it easier. Here’s my favourite a 360 BD.
Wood Lamp Wood stain Hardwood Triangle

Bicycle Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Tire Automotive tire

Everyone needs a good excal.

·
14,038 Posts
Pretty much impossible to move them once they are in motion.

JH HUNTER
You and Wildcatter ... subscribe to the same philosophy. ;) Newton's Second Law if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Shot my Micro after taking the stock apart to inspect the bolts that attach the trigger housing. They were still tight so I put everything together and this is the result. First shot at 50yards then one shot at 60yards one at 70 and the last one at 80yards. all confirmed she shoots low. After 5clicks up next shot cut the x at 80yards. Ran out of daylight but took one last shot after the 5 clicks adjustment at 40yards and she's back to perfect accuracy. Moral of the story. Never assume your crossbow is still on after taking the stock apart to inspect the trigger bolts.

JH HUNTER
What kind of target are you shooting that your short Quill bolts aren't getting buried to the fletch?

21 - 40 of 54 Posts