Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
still a looking!
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning everyone!,

what's everyone's thoughts on the Micro 380? was thinking hard bout' the 400 suppressor (Colorado Crossbow You're a bad influence 馃榿) was wondering on how to de-cock it with the "Cease-Fire" fire control and found an Excalibur video, pretty straight forward . . . its funny, all I've done is make a big circle back to Excalibur.

-Tuco

Registered
I like what I've heard and read about it so much that I'm considering selling my Micro 355 to get one. The nock/ADF system looks to be great and the HO limbs are holding up well on other Micros. My Micro trigger was reworked or replaced by Excal and still leaves a lot to be desired so that new trigger may be key to getting more of my business. And the price looks nice...

Registered
According to Peter at Excalibur; the Micro 380 can be cocked with either the usual rope cocker, or the blue EXT Charger crank system. I am wondering what kind of arrow setup would work well with the Excalibur Boltcutters in 150 gr. What weight do we try for overall with that bow and broadhead combo. ?

Registered
According to Peter at Excalibur; the Micro 380 can be cocked with either the usual rope cocker, or the blue EXT Charger crank system. I am wondering what kind of arrow setup would work well with the Excalibur Boltcutters in 150 gr. What weight do we try for overall with that bow and broadhead combo. ?
With there 16.5'' quills and a 150 gr head will weight 405 gr.
Perfect for the micro.

Registered
I would consider 150 grain Slick Tricks over the Boltcutters.

Horns

Registered
Good morning everyone!,

what's everyone's thoughts on the Micro 380? was thinking hard bout' the 400 suppressor (Colorado Crossbow You're a bad influence 馃榿) was wondering on how to de-cock it with the "Cease-Fire" fire control and found an Excalibur video, pretty straight forward . . . its funny, all I've done is make a big circle back to Excalibur.

-Tuco
I am glad to see Excalibur offering a few more models without the take down feature this year. Last year, few were offered.

The Mag 380 is priced about the same as Mag 340TD. If I was buying an Excalibur crossbow this year, I would be interested in the Mag 380 the most. Since it shoots the same 16.5" quills, I would imagine the draw is short. A firm yank on a rope cocker should still do the job. I didn't think the Mag 340 was that hard to pull back, & I did a side-by-side comparison to the Mission Sub-1 last spring. The Sub-1 was obviously easier.

Registered
I would consider 150 grain Slick Tricks over the Boltcutters.

Horns
As you can tell I have very little experience selecting this stuff. In the past I have gone into a shop and had them decide what I should use. I want to learn some of the differences from people on here. So far everyone has been really helping me along. My goal is to have a completely set up new rig for the coming fall. When I get into town I hope to try a couple models and choose one to start collecting what I need. So first the Crossbow, then I will be back on here asking for the rest of the stuff that works best with it. I save all these comments for later. You guys really help us new people, Thanks
Gb

Registered
Whew rope cocking a Micro 380, bet its 340 lbs = 170 for half. I struggle to rope cock my BD360 at 240 lbs =120. Crank model for sure n not a target shooting model either

Banned
Let's Go Hunting!
I am glad to see Excalibur offering a few more models without the take down feature this year. Last year, few were offered.

The Mag 380 is priced about the same as Mag 340TD. If I was buying an Excalibur crossbow this year, I would be interested in the Mag 380 the most. Since it shoots the same 16.5" quills, I would imagine the draw is short. A firm yank on a rope cocker should still do the job. I didn't think the Mag 340 was that hard to pull back, & I did a side-by-side comparison to the Mission Sub-1 last spring. The Sub-1 was obviously easier.
I can rope cock my Axe340 pretty easily. I just built a Micro 360 and it is a son of a bee to rope cock. Its doable but only once or twice.
Definitely hernia material.
Take care
Oncebitten

Registered
As you can tell I have very little experience selecting this stuff. In the past I have gone into a shop and had them decide what I should use. I want to learn some of the differences from people on here. So far everyone has been really helping me along. My goal is to have a completely set up new rig for the coming fall. When I get into town I hope to try a couple models and choose one to start collecting what I need. So first the Crossbow, then I will be back on here asking for the rest of the stuff that works best with it. I save all these comments for later. You guys really help us new people, Thanks
Gb
In my experience with them -- they didn't create much blood output when I shot one into the side of a big buck -- didn't recover that deer. Switched to the Slick Trick and had no problems -- this was from an Excal Micro Suppressor.

Slick Tricks have high quality blades and are extremely sharp.

Best of luck to you....

Horns

I can rope cock my Axe340 pretty easily. I just built a Micro 360 and it is a son of a bee to rope cock. Its doable but only once or twice.
Definitely hernia material.
Take care
Oncebitten
Yep, I don鈥檛 have an official model, but the hybrid project is probably on the order of a 360, and the draw weight is about 350#. It鈥檚 not so much whether I can rope cock it, it鈥檚 more what doing so too often might do to my body -nothing good, long term.

That said, the combo of the high output limbs, non-takedown riser, and the ceasefire trigger make this 380 the most interesting (to me) Excalibur in quite a while. (y) (y)

Registered
I think it would have been a home run with the Twinstrike stock it seems to shoulder better. Problem with Excalibur for 22 is they got rid of two of their entry bows the GRZ2 and the G340 and replaced it with Mag Air in black finish only (kids like camo) , then did away with their Micro 360 and to top it off got rid of their speed bow the 440. I鈥檓 hoping they come out with something this fall if not we鈥檒l have to wait for 23

Registered
Rope cocking the Micro 380 is doable鈥.for some. It鈥檚 the max I can do. To me the cocking effort is equal to the 360. These new limbs are what makes that difference. If you have physical limitations, then it鈥檚 a Charger Crank. it鈥檚 a crank for me if I鈥檓 shooting a bunch. If I鈥檓 going to the stand, I鈥檒l rope cock it. My technique is to start with my knees bent. For that last inch or so I lock my knees and straighten my back. I do it in one motion for the momentum. I really like this bow. You get a lot of bow for $999.

I'm just not nuts having to use that decocking tool. Something else to keep track of forget or lose. If i understand it correctly. I like the idea of the new limbs and smaller 380 as the matrix 380 was a favorite of mine for years.

Just my personal opinion.

Registered
I just talked to the people in Cabela's in Wisconsin. No micro 380 in stock until about June.
He said I can order it direct from Excalibur but I shouldn't open it, just bring it in for Cabela's to set it up, and if I don't like it; they will refund what I paid. Has anyone heard this in the past?
Wyvern said they would ship one next week if I want one. I am wondering how other dealers are doing with the 2022 models. I also called a place near here that has some 2021 models in stock. Still trying to decide how to do the deal on my next bow. I really had hoped to try out one before I buy, but it seems like the only try out will be on a 2021.

Registered
I'm already thinking about modifying a Micro 380 with Micro 355 standard limbs for off season target shooting. Maybe I've misunderstood but sounds like it has different limb angles and barrel length so expect it would be nice and slow with regular Micro limbs. Yes??

Registered
I just talked to the people in Cabela's in Wisconsin. No micro 380 in stock until about June.
He said I can order it direct from Excalibur but I shouldn't open it, just bring it in for Cabela's to set it up, and if I don't like it; they will refund what I paid. Has anyone heard this in the past?
Wyvern said they would ship one next week if I want one. I am wondering how other dealers are doing with the 2022 models. I also called a place near here that has some 2021 models in stock. Still trying to decide how to do the deal on my next bow. I really had hoped to try out one before I buy, but it seems like the only try out will be on a 2021.
why would you buy it direct and take it to cablea鈥檚 to set up? they want to hook you for something. i smells a rat.

after the 鈥渟etup鈥 service i got from the place i got my crossbow鈥.no thanks. i鈥檒l handle it myself so i know it is done correctly.

Registered
why would you buy it direct and take it to cablea鈥檚 to set up? they want to hook you for something. i smells a rat.

after the 鈥渟etup鈥 service i got from the place i got my crossbow鈥.no thanks. i鈥檒l handle it myself so i know it is done correctly.
Agree. I suspect this guy was blowing smoke as they say.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts