Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After having a horrible experience with a sub1 I bought a micro mag 340 from wyverns. Ordered a dozen dragon claws with 6 lumenoks. Will be putting my huskemaw scope on it when I get it.

Plan on shooting 100gr swat juggernaut’s or 100gr sevr 2.0

I purchased a stringer, cheek rest and a Dan Miller Flemish string off eBay. I also put in an order with blacktail for a Flemish.

Am I missing anything? Any suggestions or criticisms? I’m all ears and looking forward to getting this killing machine going for many years ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
5,514 Posts
Should get the job done very well. Most times you don’t need to index arrows to get a recurve to shoot, especially with mechanicals. You might need to mark arrows and rotate cock vane on one or two. That Huskemaw should be the bomb! Good luck and hope your experience is excellent!

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag 340, Oracle X, Boo string
216 Posts
Everybody is different, but I love my 340. I think you will too. I'd say put the flemish string on, use what you have, sight it in and confirm broadheads, and leave it alone till after the season.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Should get the job done very well. Most times you don’t need to index arrows to get a recurve to shoot, especially with mechanicals. You might need to mark arrows and rotate cock vane on one or two. That Huskemaw should be the bomb! Good luck and hope your experience is excellent!
Just curious if anyone has any info. If I sight the mag 340 with 420gr arrows in at 30 yards how high/ low will I be at 20 and 40? I’m obviously going to get the scope dialed in so I can adjust I’m just curious about quick shots.

·
Registered
Excalibur Mag 340, Oracle X, Boo string
216 Posts
I kinda wonder is "buy more stuff" is always a good answer. Seems like you already have some good stuff, and more on the way. Season is here. See what you have already, and go with it unless you don't have confidence.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I kinda wonder is "buy more stuff" is always a good answer. Seems like you already have some good stuff, and more on the way. Season is here. See what you have already, and go with it unless you don't have confidence.
Agree, I’m more looking for tips than I am shopping recommendations. Thanks though

·
5,514 Posts
Just curious if anyone has any info. If I sight the mag 340 with 420gr arrows in at 30 yards how high/ low will I be at 20 and 40? I’m obviously going to get the scope dialed in so I can adjust I’m just curious about quick shots.

Haven’t shot that exact bow, so just offering a guess. My 355 is about 2 1/2” high at 20 with my 30 yard pin. It’s 4 1/2 low at 40. My guess would be 3” high at 20, 5 or so low at 40. Like the famous Wapster says, only one way to be sure.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haven’t shot that exact bow, so just offering a guess. My 355 is about 2 1/2” high at 20 with my 30 yard pin. It’s 4 1/2 low at 40. My guess would be 3” high at 20, 5 or so low at 40. Like the famous Wapster says, only one way to be sure.
Thank you very much, was just curious. I’ll definitely be spending alot of time getting used to this bow/ huskemaw combo. I just like the simplicity of the bow and the single dot reticle of the huskemaw.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I accidentally aimed one shot at 40 yards at the beginning of the summer using a 20 yard reticle, as I remember the drop was approximately 6", the weight of the arrow was 507 grains (I need to find the memory list) when I measured it with the cm scale that I had in use
What bow? 340?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts

I use a shotgun or rifle scope on my crossbows and I zero at 30 and go back to 20 and use the top thick hash mark on the crosshair where it meets the thin part of the crosshair and I hold that at 20myards and see where it hits. It will hit pretty close to your 20, I then go back to 40 and use the bottom part of the thick hash mark just under the crosshair and hold at 40 and see where it hits. This will give you a zero to 40 yards with a single crosshair without using an HHA Optimizer. The HHA is the best way to go for dialing in to the exact yardage if you don't mind a little extra weight.

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
After having a horrible experience with a sub1 I bought a micro mag 340 from wyverns. Ordered a dozen dragon claws with 6 lumenoks. Will be putting my huskemaw scope on it when I get it.

Plan on shooting 100gr swat juggernaut’s or 100gr sevr 2.0

I purchased a stringer, cheek rest and a Dan Miller Flemish string off eBay. I also put in an order with blacktail for a Flemish.

Am I missing anything? Any suggestions or criticisms? I’m all ears and looking forward to getting this killing machine going for many years ahead.

All you need is your finger on the trigger 😉
I have a Flemish string on my 340 that I got from Mike, aka Blacktail. I love everything about this little bow.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I use a shotgun or rifle scope on my crossbows and I zero at 30 and go back to 20 and use the top thick hash mark on the crosshair where it meets the thin part of the crosshair and I hold that at 20myards and see where it hits. It will hit pretty close to your 20, I then go back to 40 and use the bottom part of the thick hash mark just under the crosshair and hold at 40 and see where it hits. This will give you a zero to 40 yards with a single crosshair without using an HHA Optimizer. The HHA is the best way to go for dialing in to the exact yardage if you don't mind a little extra weight.
I’m thinking I can do something similar with my huskemaw but also have the turret on top to really dial in if needed.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts