Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
After having a horrible experience with a sub1 I bought a micro mag 340 from wyverns. Ordered a dozen dragon claws with 6 lumenoks. Will be putting my huskemaw scope on it when I get it.

Plan on shooting 100gr swat juggernaut鈥檚 or 100gr sevr 2.0

I purchased a stringer, cheek rest and a Dan Miller Flemish string off eBay. I also put in an order with blacktail for a Flemish.

Am I missing anything? Any suggestions or criticisms? I鈥檓 all ears and looking forward to getting this killing machine going for many years ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What was your experience with the sub1

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
What was your experience with the sub1
Two cracked limbs, after getting it back from being repaired the string broke and destroyed the cams. Arrow landed 6ft in front of me and the nock was in perfect condition so I鈥檓 guessing it was a 100% bow problem. Who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
First trip to the range with the new Mag 340. It was assembled by Bass Pro, and shot once on their range. I had a bench and solid rest at the range yesterday when I took it out for the first time. The first shot was 9 inches low and 1.5 inches to the left. I followed the scope adjustment procedures exactly as documented. The next shot centered the 1 inch blaze orange bull stick to the target. Clearly a fluke, so I cocked and loaded again. It again drilled the bull touching the first. Nice. Three more bolts (at separate bulls) with the same result. Moved on back to 50 and the first arrow was 3 inches low. A minor adjustment of the speed knob on the scope and the next 3 arrows were in the 3" blaze orange bull at 50 yards. Again this was off a bench with a Caldwell shooting bag. I'm not the best shot in the world, but this bow seems to be a solid shooter. This was with the factory string, factory Quill bolts and 150 grain target points. Not sure I could ask for much more. Season opens Saturday. Stay tuned.

Registered
First trip to the range with the new Mag 340. It was assembled by Bass Pro, and shot once on their range. I had a bench and solid rest at the range yesterday when I took it out for the first time. The first shot was 9 inches low and 1.5 inches to the left. I followed the scope adjustment procedures exactly as documented. The next shot centered the 1 inch blaze orange bull stick to the target. Clearly a fluke, so I cocked and loaded again. It again drilled the bull touching the first. Nice. Three more bolts (at separate bulls) with the same result. Moved on back to 50 and the first arrow was 3 inches low. A minor adjustment of the speed knob on the scope and the next 3 arrows were in the 3" blaze orange bull at 50 yards. Again this was off a bench with a Caldwell shooting bag. I'm not the best shot in the world, but this bow seems to be a solid shooter. This was with the factory string, factory Quill bolts and 150 grain target points. Not sure I could ask for much more. Season opens Saturday. Stay tuned.
You are starting to see why I say Excaliburs are boring to shoot as all they do is pop bullseyes all day.

Registered
Just curious if anyone has any info. If I sight the mag 340 with 420gr arrows in at 30 yards how high/ low will I be at 20 and 40? I鈥檓 obviously going to get the scope dialed in so I can adjust I鈥檓 just curious about quick shots.

Love my mag 340. Went with a 400 grain setup, zeroed at 30 and about 1/2" adjustment 20 an 40 yards for quick shots. Speed 341 and I run kind of a shallow brace height. 25.5" tip to tip.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts