Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Excalibur Micro Mag 340
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My micro came with the Quil arrows. I believe it says to use with 100gr field ti point but use 150gr broadheads?
Shouldn't I use 150gr field tips for practice also?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another dumb question....
The arrow finger-holder has a plastic or rubber cover shrunk onto it. Does that stay on or should remove it? My Equinox bow was just metal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Finally got the little bas**** together. Mostly easy other than having to alter my old stringing device-fighting knots- multiple times to adjust the brace height. Not a fan of that anti dryfire crap on this bow either😠. My goodness, this Micro Mag 340 is so much smaller than my Equinox! Should be a lot better mobility out of my smaller deer blinds. Letting the limb silencers set up over night, can't wait to sight it in tomorrow.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Trigger Wood Metal
Bicycle Tire Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Wheel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dry fire that little bow just once without the ADF in place and you will wish it was on the bow.
My only gripe with the Guardian ADF is the activation bar is too close to the safety.

Is there any potential damage incurred from dry firing the Mag 340 with the ADF, or is it completely harmless?

Just wondering.

I think the Excal micros are the coolest looking bows around, and the Mag 340 is my favourite in the 2022 line (don't like the takedown feature on the 340TD, and the 380 is a beast to rope cock).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lonewolf ,,

Be careful with the OLD stringing aid.. It's best to get the new reinforced one...
Thanks! I was looking at the latest one offered & comparing it to the shape of mine, definitely shaped bit different. The inner holes on my old one are round, the newer design has oblong limb holes.

·
Registered
Excalibur Micro Mag 340, Oracle X scope
78 Posts
I just received my MAG 340 yesterday. Looks and feels great. Then I tried cocking it! Woah! BD #70 comes next week and,,,,,, well,,,,, I decided to buy the Charger Crank system!!! Not gonna do much shooting till that get's here! Glad I didn't bump up to the 280! Looking forward to seeing what it does with the Oracle X scope.

Lonewolf, were you surprised at the effort required to cock yours?

Reactions: LonewolfMcquade

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just received my MAG 340 yesterday. Looks and feels great. Then I tried cocking it! Woah! BD #70 comes next week and,,,,,, well,,,,, I decided to buy the Charger Crank system!!! Not gonna do much shooting till that get's here! Glad I didn't bump up to the 280! Looking forward to seeing what it does with the Oracle X scope.

Lonewolf, were you surprised at the effort required to cock yours?
I figured it was going to be tougher to cock than my Equinox due to the shorter stiffer limbs. I'll probably order the Charger crank down the road lol.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts