Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
16,724 Posts
When you get to the range sight in dead on at 20 then back off to 40 and set the speed dial. It works a lot easier than going from 20 to 30 yards and saves a lot of adjustments doing so.
With most Excaliburs you can figure you will loose 1 fps for each 3 grains of weight you add. So using a 150 grain head you will be shooting 400 grains which is 50 grains over the 350 grains Excal uses to rate the bow. 50 divided by 3 is approx a loss of 17 fps.

·
Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Excalibur Micro Mag 340
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
When you get to the range sight in dead on at 20 then back off to 40 and set the speed dial. It works a lot easier than going from 20 to 30 yards and saves a lot of adjustments doing so.
With most Excaliburs you can figure you will loose 1 fps for each 3 grains of weight you add. So using a 150 grain head you will be shooting 400 grains which is 50 grains over the 350 grains Excal uses to rate the bow. 50 divided by 3 is approx a loss of 17 fps.
Thank you!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks for ALL the good info fellas👍This place really is the Encyclopedia Crossbowica!!
I shoot Black Eagle Executioners with a 110g brass insert up front. You want a high FOC on your arrows. The brass will give you that over the factory aluminum inserts. I have actually had alums break on impact and NOT penetrate the chest cavity of a deer. :mad:
I shoot fixed blades at "big ugly stuff". Mechanicals at deer and like sized game. You do your part, the 340 will do it's!
Go to youtube and watch "The Ranch Fairy". Not only is Troy a hoot, but he's got good information!!

AJ

·
Registered
47 Posts
You should use the same weight practice points as broadheads you will hunt with for accuracy. You should also make sure your total arrow/bolt weight equals or exceeds the minimum weight the manufacturer requires for your crossbow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You should use the same weight practice points as broadheads you will hunt with for accuracy. You should also make sure your total arrow/bolt weight equals or exceeds the minimum weight the manufacturer requires for your crossbow.
You will also find that the heavier arrows will cause the bow to be a little less noisy!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The 20" Firebolts for my Equinox with 150gr head weigh 417gr. The 16.5" Quil for my 340 with 150gr heads weigh 400gr.

Is there any reason I can't shoot the 20" bolts out of my Micro 340?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
These are starting to be a REAL PITA! (Ex-shox Sound Silencers)

Automotive tire Bumper Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

The left side fell off while shooting over the weekend. I stuck it back on & it stayed for a few more shots to finish the day. Went out back to shoot a few arrows tonight & it fell off again after the 1st shot. Irritated, I ripped the right side off so I could continue shooting. I did properly clean the limb surface before installing & allowed the to set up for 24 hours before shooting as recommended by Excalibur.

The bow doesn't NEED them but makes a fair difference in vibration reduction. Should i just leave them off? Can't have this issue when it counts in the woods! Anyone have a good glue suggestion that'll work shouldvi decide to reinstall them?

41 - 60 of 67 Posts