Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
I would give him a year or 2 but everyone has their own opinion on what they want . A shooter buck is different for everyone and is what ever the shooter chooses it to be. Good looking deer though. Looks to be a 3 1/2 year old may even be 2 1/2 but probably 3 1/2

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Might be a shooter but I need to see him in person to really decide.
Robert in my experience if you have to question if its a shooter its usually not. When a shooter walks up there is no question about it. Good luck hunting this year

Reactions: CT Crossbower

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1
807 Posts
I would give him a year or 2 but everyone has their own opinion on what they want . A shooter buck is different for everyone and is what ever the shooter chooses it to be. Good looking deer though. Looks to be a 3 1/2 year old may even be 2 1/2 but probably 3 1/2
He'd be in my freezer, I don't eat antlers any more...

·
Registered
Mission Sub-1
807 Posts
To each his own but why kill a buck to eat
To each his own but why kill a buck to eat
It's legal, it is my choice, and if it walked by my stand and presented itself for a good shot I'd take it home just as I would a doe. If it were a buck I would mount the rack in my gun/archery/reloading room with the others.
Thanks for asking. Hope you see your trophy this season!

·
Registered
14,675 Posts
I hope you get a whack at him Robert. he's a good 'un.

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
In the video, it looks like he's looking for you and wondering why you haven't shot.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
My point exactly. I need to see him in person. Cameras don't always tell you what your eyes do.
looks like hes in velvet also which makes them look much bigger the buck has good genetics

·
Registered
445 Posts
If you decide if he is good luck going after him

Reactions: Equinox 465

·
Registered
299 Posts
Nice deer. Has some good antler mass. Usually don't see mass like that on a deer less than 4.5, at least in my area. It's hard to tell body size this early in season, but if you look at the legs it helps to gauge it any time of year...that deer will be real thick come November. I'd be trying to take him home for sure. Good luck to you either way!

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
840 Posts
It's legal, it is my choice, and if it walked by my stand and presented itself for a good shot I'd take it home just as I would a doe. If it were a buck I would mount the rack in my gun/archery/reloading room with the others.
Thanks for asking. Hope you see your trophy this season!
X2, if he walked by me he’d follow me home.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts