Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
He needs 2 more years but by then might be nocturnal or killed by a coyote.
Yep 2 more years let him get out and breed and pass on some of his genetics

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
Western Wisconsin
1,114 Posts
I'd shoot him where I hunt!

good luck, hope you get a chance at him

·
Registered
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Nice deer. Has some good antler mass. Usually don't see mass like that on a deer less than 4.5, at least in my area. It's hard to tell body size this early in season, but if you look at the legs it helps to gauge it any time of year...that deer will be real thick come November. I'd be trying to take him home for sure. Good luck to you either way!
Bucks around here look a lot younger than they do in areas that have large bucks. We often pull jaw bones out of bucks we think were 3 or 4 years old to find that they are actually 5 or 6 years old. A 120" buck is a shooter where I hunt.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think a few of us should come to your place and lay our eyes on him to see if he is respectable. How much are hunting licenses ?

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
The great thing about hunting is you never know what your gonna see next. That's a nice buck if you decide to pull the trigger on him this year. You retired folks get all the time you need to decide.lol

·
Registered
14,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The great thing about hunting is you never know what your gonna see next. That's a nice buck if you decide to pull the trigger on him this year. You retired folks get all the time you need to decide.lol
I look over a heck of a lot of nice bucks every year before I pull a trigger since I retired . I usually only shoot 1 buck a year if I shoot one at all. I always take a doe or two for the freezer though. Getting more and more picky every year as I get older.

·
Registered
60 Posts
The only thing I see he needs is to Bleed. I say this as I am setting on a 4 acre property surrounded by poachers.
I would never second guess any hunter for taking a legal deer. I have no idea where or how often they get to hunt/ I have different standards depending upon my stand and property.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts