Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was checking out Wicked Ridge Fury 410. TP advertises the Xbow at 7.5lbs. I saw YouTube video from a major Online re-Sailer: Add all the accessories and it's at 11lbs. Kudos to them for being honest. I guess if you are setting it up on a pod system and have short walks to hunt this is acceptable. Also, not taking away the price point value but that is 3.5lbs difference!!!! That's ridiculous. I was thinking of adding this to my Xbow collection but nope, no can do. Not lugging a 11lb Xbow on my back for my style walk in hunting. Just not doing it.

Good luck to those wanting this price point value Xbow. Lot's to like once setup but just can't do it. Not 11 lbs in 2022.

·
Premium Member
1,420 Posts
All manufacturer for the most part list the weight of the naked bow with zero accessories attached to it. Have you weighed your mission? Might not be as far off as you think ready to hunt. I’ve never shot a mission but I would imagine they do the same thing list the naked weight of the bow.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
All manufacturer for the most part list the weight of the naked bow with zero accessories attached to it. Have you weighed your mission? Might not be as far off as you think ready to hunt. I’ve never shot a mission but I would imagine they do the same thing list the naked weight of the bow.
Mission is listed at the same weight.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
TP...WR..BOTH states #..Without Acc. I bet this new Turbo S1...is darn close to it's 7.3 stated #. Tom you should look into that Hichory Creek mini inline...??

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
You are missing the point. It’s misleading the average Joe, not CBN member. As for my Mission with my Red Dot with TETRA HHA, 7.8lbs on my scales.

Late edit: Oops to the last misspelling.

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
2022 and still 10 plus lb Xbows. Note ,I stated it’s a good price point value

·
Registered
627 Posts
I don't fault the companies for listing the weight as the "naked" weight as people have said. They can't control what add-ons people put on it or which scopes they choose, so that bare-bow weight provides a legit metric, IMO. They just need to make sure the customer is informed that it is the bare-bow weight since they are often sold as packages with that bare weight listed. Packages that I imagine the vast majority of costumers will use mostly as-is, so they need to be aware it will likely be 2-3 pounds heavier in the field.

What I do fault the companies for is not being honest about the bare-bow weight. Meaning they may list it at 7.0 lbs, but when stripped down and weighed, it comes in at 7.5-8.0 lbs. To me, that is where the dishonesty is, and I've seen it happen many times.

·
Registered
Axe Micro/Matrix Hybrid
318 Posts
"You get what you pay for",,,,, With most crossbows you actually get more weight and less arrow speed than you pay for .

Interested to see in field reviews on this new Excalibur Mag Air ,see if that's as light as it's claims ,then it just might be the crossbow a lot of hunters have been looking for .....

All I want from a crossbow I own is dependable reliability and accuracy and for what I see more then offtern doesn't mean by paying more for a crossbow I'll get it.

·
Registered
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Here's my take: I respect Burkholder for at least giving the real user weight specs in their review on YouTube. To many, what the OEM's do may be acceptable and I sure don't discredit how others see this. For me real weight should include a scope and quiver. Does TP include the de-cocking acuslide as an accessory? To me it only comes in one model. Look, I'm not dinging just Ten Point. They all do it. I think OEM's do mislead. We all have our threshold and this just irks me that it's acceptable, OEM's doing this. A crossbow spec should include scope and quiver in the weight.

Note: I have stated and will say it again Fury 410 is a price value xbow. I actually think it's a cool crossbow. To me more of the same though. Not much difference then past spec FPS and arrows At least OEMs are getting better with FPS and arrows. That's a positive.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I do not think its misleading they give you the weight of a bare bow and that's what it weighs not misleading

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Here's my take: I respect Burkholder for at least giving the real user weight specs in their review on YouTube. To many what the OEM's do may be acceptable and I sure don't discredit how others see this. For me real weight should include a scope and quiver. Does TP include the de-cocking acuslide as an accessory? To me it only comes in one model. Look, I'm not dinging just Ten Point. They all do it. I think OEM's do mislead. We all have our threshold and this just irks me that it's acceptable, OEM's doing this. A crossbow specs should include scope and quiver.

Note: I have stated and will say it again Fury 410 is a price value xbow. I actually think it's a cool crossbow. To me more of the same though. Not much difference then past spec FPS and arrows At least OEMs are getting better with FPS and arrows. That's a positive.
How would a manufacturer know what quiver or scope if your going to put a sling on it or not then give you a weight. With all the variables how could they list an accurate weight. One thing they can do is give you a accurate weight on bare bow which is what they do. You are asking them to do the impossible

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I think the op is misleading and on a witch hunt?!
Here’s a screenshot from ten point website right now. Since this is the exact manufacturer that he is mentioning. Clearly stating weight w/o accessories
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I think the op is misleading and on a witch hunt?!
Here’s a screenshot from ten point website right now. Since this is the exact manufacturer that he is mentioning. Clearly stating weight w/o accessories
View attachment 216273
I agree

·
12,944 Posts
I have ... a 6½lb Ravin that weighs 9½lbs with nothing but a sling and XBR on it. We've been dealing with marketing shenanigans forever. ATA, speed, weight, price, quality, proprietary nonsense, yadda, yadda. It's always been caveat emptor out there. :)
Microphone Font Publication Advertising Event

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I have ... a 6½lb Ravin that weighs 9½lbs with nothing but a sling and XBR on it. We've been dealing with marketing shenanigans forever. ATA, speed, weight, price, quality, proprietary nonsense, yadda, yadda. It's always been caveat emptor out there. :)
View attachment 216277
Geez Duke, that must be one Heavy Duty sling?

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,408 Posts
Every year Mathews comes out with a flagship vertical bow that is the “smoothest shooting” Mathews ever made. Nobody does more marketing hype than the Mathews brand. Tread lightly glass house Tom. ;). Shoot on, my friend.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts