Crossbow Nation banner
21 - 40 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Every year Mathews comes out with a flagship vertical bow that is the “smoothest shooting” Mathews ever made. Nobody does more marketing hype than the Mathews brand. Tread lightly glass house Tom. ;). Shoot on, my friend.
Yep, I remember when they said solo cams made all other bows obsolete, then they had to drop the solo cams to catch up because they were being left behind. Now solo cam is non existent pretty much.
They do make great bows though, that’s for sure. Most companies do.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I don't care who makes what model. If it weighs more than 8 lbs ready kill a tick toter i won't ever own it !

Reactions: XC_SIX

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Gents, Just stating opinions. Some may take offense. However, it shouldn’t stop anyone from buying. Just doing my research and appreciate Borkholders review. Kudos to them for posting real world specs. I now know what to expect. Pick your favorite OEM it’s across the sphere. Yea, they (marketing). all do it but it doesn’t make it right. TenPoint fellas, don’t take it personal. I’ve owned my fair share. Shoot On!

Reactions: R. Toker

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
yep...if cant fudge the speed numbers anymore might as well go for the weight.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Every year Mathews comes out with a flagship vertical bow that is the “smoothest shooting” Mathews ever made. Nobody does more marketing hype than the Mathews brand. Tread lightly glass house Tom. ;). Shoot on, my friend.
Toker,
Boy did you hit the nail on the head. No body and I mean nobody is more guilty of deceptive marketing than Mathews.
They used to claim the single cam was the best thing going until other manufacturers starting to beat their butts with better speed and equally as good accuracy. So guess what, they changed to dual cams.

Then they said single limbs were the very best design out there and the next thing you know they were eating crow and using split limbs because once again, Hoyt and PSE were proving them wrong.

Now they say their crossbows are the most accurate in the world and they have the podium prices to prove it.
But what they Don't tell you is they bought all of the good 3D shooters. In fact, if you go to a 3D shoot where there's a lot of money at stack, it looks like a bunch of Bumble Bees running around with Mathews T-shirts on everyone of them.
But to their credit, there's still a lot of gullible folks out there who still believe that crap.
Just Sayin Tom - nothin personal and at least there's still made in the good old USA or what used to be the United States of America.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Everything is the best until next year. Then it's minutely better and make a big deal out of it like it's earth shattering. As I said, Marketing.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,375 Posts
It’s hard to watch hunting shows and suffer through the constant mentioning of Mathews or Mission. I love the Drurys but watch one of their shows and count how many times you hear Mathews. Quality products absolutely! But not without fault and not without peers. Bowtech, Hoyt etc are of equal quality or more so without all the $$$ you pay going to spokesmen. They literally sponsor 8/10 hunting shows now. That $ they spend goes right on top of the price for their products. I often said I would never give Matt McPherson a nickel of my $. I relented and did this past summer. Quality well built product but nothing much I can’t find somewhere else and not have sold my soul to the devil.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
It’s hard to watch hunting shows and suffer through the constant mentioning of Mathews or Mission. I love the Drurys but watch one of their shows and count how many times you hear Mathews. Quality products absolutely! But not without fault and not without peers. Bowtech, Hoyt etc are of equal quality or more so without all the $$$ you pay going to spokesmen. They literally sponsor 8/10 hunting shows now. That $ they spend goes right on top of the price for their products. I often said I would never give Matt McPherson a nickel of my $. I relented and did this past summer. Quality well built product but nothing much I can’t find somewhere else and not have sold my soul to the devil.
It's almost like some people are intoxicated with certain products. I refuse to believe that only one company can produce the best bow year after year. Advertising works.

Reactions: bman1187a

·
Registered
233 Posts
Now they say their crossbows are the most accurate in the world and they have the podium prices to prove it.
But what they Don't tell you is they bought all of the good 3D shooters. In fact, if you go to a 3D shoot where there's a lot of money at stack, it looks like a bunch of Bumble Bees running around with Mathews T-shirts on everyone of them.
But to their credit, there's still a lot of gullible folks out there who still believe that crap.
Just Sayin Tom - nothin personal and at least there's still made in the good old USA or what used to be the United States of America.
I hear you. I own a viper and sub 1 lite, bought both last year. Hunt with the viper. Play with the sub 1 lite. The reason I bought the lite was accuracy and easy rope cocking. Wanted to be able to shoot as much as I want without wearing myself out. Will be 60 this year. Let me tell you the 80% let off cams are impressive. Very fun to shoot, and rope cocking is a breeze. Could do it all day.

I didn't pay much attention to matthews marketing. I paid attention to user reviews on this forum. 4ish months later, very happy with my purchase. Still playing around with it as I busted my primary scope (in for repair) and using an interim speed scope. It works fine, but it will be nice to see what I can do with a 4.5 x 18 x40 beyond 40 yards. For me, it was worth the price.

Edit. Did not get the T-shirt.

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
The part I do not like about it is this , the bow comes with a decock system , IMO that should be included in the weight of the bow .
Is it an accessory ? does the bow come with a rope cocker ? Can you rope cock the bow , why would you if you are buying for the decock .
You have to look at things close and form a opinion of your own on some of this stuff .

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
The part I do not like about it is this , the bow comes with a decock system , IMO that should be included in the weight of the bow .
Is it an accessory ? does the bow come with a rope cocker ? Can you rope cock the bow , why would you if you are buying for the decock .
You have to look at things close and form a opinion of your own on some of this stuff .
If it's built in and not optional it's not an accessory. It's part of the bow. As far as rope cocking goes, if it doesn't have a slot to wrap the string around the rear of the barrel, you can't rope cock it. Don't even think about a straight pull on these beasts.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
TP...WR..BOTH states #..Without Acc. I bet this new Turbo S1...is darn close to it's 7.3 stated #. Tom you should look into that Hichory Creek mini inline...??
Absolutely if it has the latest style de-cocking setup.

Reactions: JCAT

·
Premium Member
3,830 Posts
If it's built in and not optional it's not an accessory. It's part of the bow. As far as rope cocking goes, if it doesn't have a slot to wrap the string around the rear of the barrel, you can't rope cock it. Don't even think about a straight pull on these beasts.
Just went and looked at pics of the bow , No rope cocking groove , so IMO the de-cock crank is not an accessory and should be included in the weight of the bow .
They are misleading people , no way to get around it !!!

I have no beef here , I actually like TP crossbows , but like I said , you need to look at this stuff close .

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Just went and looked at pics of the bow , No rope cocking groove , so IMO the de-cock crank is not an accessory and should be included in the weight of the bow .
They are misleading people , no way to get around it !!!

I have no beef here , I actually like TP crossbows , but like I said , you need to look at this stuff close .
That is my position. I've owned TP before and not oppose to owning another. Hell, I'm considering Fury 410 but when I saw the specs from Burkholder my eyes popped out of my head when OEM specs this Xbow at 7.5lbs and real weight at 11lbs. That's a lot of wiggle room with specs.

JCAT the Turbo S1 seems a more realistic per my expectations.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Guess what if you sell a crossbow only as a package not bare you should list the weight as you sell it. It’s easy. Just like the whole speed rating nonsense. If your shipping it with a curtain weight arrow list the speed at that. It’s called deceptive advertising.
If they are afraid to list actual weight for fear of loosing customers maybe the should design a lighter crossbow.

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
That is my position. I've owned TP before and not oppose to owning another. Hell, I'm considering Fury 410 but when I saw the specs from Burkholder my eyes popped out of my head when OEM specs this Xbow at 7.5lbs and real weight at 11lbs. That's a lot of wiggle room with specs.

JCAT the Turbo S1 seems a more realistic per my expectations.
TOTR - Without accessories your pretty slim too! Just add another hour of lifting to your workout routine and that Fury will be nothing! Leave the kitchen at home and knock 2 lbs off that backpack, buy some lightweight boots and your total "loaded" weight goes down 3 lbs. Now that 11 lb Fury is no big deal and your ripped! A bonus for you and your bride!
Head Eyebrow Smile Jaw Headgear

I know how long some of your walks are and can't say I'd have the same POV on xbow weight if I had to walk a 3-4 miles a day. My loaded bow with the Hubble Telescope is 14 lbs + which is no issue for me but I rarely walk more than a half mile to get to a stand.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Guess what if you sell a crossbow only as a package not bare you should list the weight as you sell it. It’s easy. Just like the whole speed rating nonsense. If your shipping it with a curtain weight arrow list the speed at that. It’s called deceptive advertising.
If they are afraid to list actual weight for fear of loosing customers maybe the should design a lighter crossbow.
This is actually the only legitimate reasoning I’ve seen put forth in this thread. That is an excellent point Just when some have 3-4 scope options it adds to it.
The bottom line is people are going to bitch no matter what is done or said.
I think xbow manufacturers should not say shit about anything. “Here’s a bow for sale” and nothing else.
some people are saying weigh it with the scope n quiver then if that got done then it’d be well they need to have arrowsin there then it’d be well I hunt with heavier arrows so that’s not accurate. Holy shit 2022 and we have such awesome xbows available to us and we sit here and complain about the weirdest things. I don’t get that.
you will never complain away sales people. Everything has what we call false advertising.
Even though they post 3 arrow weights and the speeds that go with those weights people still complain even though it’s posted.
Ok let’s say they fixed this issue. Come on people let’s just pretend they fixed this serious issue. What would the next complaint be?? I’m serious!!!! Let’s get all this shit out there. One at a time and then we can start a petition and maybe we can get all this shit fixed for someone who gives a shit. Alright semi rant over. I’ll bet ravin sitting back wiping their foreheads saying “whew we good for a minute, they over their tripping about gross weight of every other brand xbow right now, maybe we can get these spring 2021 models fixed up and out the door” 😂

sorry for my rant n my cussing but I’m not going to edit it. It’s my opinion n showing the facts didn’t change peoples opinions. Honestly you know that everything is good in people’s lives when this is what concerns them. For that I’m happy for everyone.

·
Registered
198 Posts
When has any manufacturer really told the truth about their product. They make those claims based on their in house testing, not real world conditions. Look at Volkswagen and the car specs they got caught at. If you are so pissed about it, sue them to get some satisfaction and break out your checkbook. I know guy who had bearing problems with a Harley bike about 20 years ago, Got a metallurgist involved, went to court, tried getting it a class action cause other people had same problem, in the end he lost and in the beginning they were going to give him a new bike but he choose to fight them and got nothing.

21 - 40 of 105 Posts