Crossbow Nation banner
41 - 60 of 105 Posts

·
12,944 Posts
Every year Mathews comes out with a flagship vertical bow that is the “smoothest shooting” Mathews ever made. Nobody does more marketing hype than the Mathews brand. Tread lightly glass house Tom. ;). Shoot on, my friend.
I recall ... from my Bowtech vertical bow days how sensitive and defensive the Mathews guys were. Poke them with a little "all new means they added another Mathews vibration damper" zinger and they'd lose their minds in a rage ...lol They were as easy to get wound up as recurve crossbow guys, or stickbow guys are. Very insecure lot. :sneaky: :p

·
12,944 Posts
This is actually the only legitimate reasoning I’ve seen put forth in this thread. That is an excellent point Just when some have 3-4 scope options it adds to it.
The bottom line is people are going to bitch no matter what is done or said.
I think xbow manufacturers should not say shit about anything. “Here’s a bow for sale” and nothing else.
some people are saying weigh it with the scope n quiver then if that got done then it’d be well they need to have arrowsin there then it’d be well I hunt with heavier arrows so that’s not accurate. Holy shit 2022 and we have such awesome xbows available to us and we sit here and complain about the weirdest things. I don’t get that.
you will never complain away sales people. Everything has what we call false advertising.
Even though they post 3 arrow weights and the speeds that go with those weights people still complain even though it’s posted.
Ok let’s say they fixed this issue. Come on people let’s just pretend they fixed this serious issue. What would the next complaint be?? I’m serious!!!! Let’s get all this shit out there. One at a time and then we can start a petition and maybe we can get all this shit fixed for someone who gives a shit. Alright semi rant over. I’ll bet ravin sitting back wiping their foreheads saying “whew we good for a minute, they over their tripping about gross weight of every other brand xbow right now, maybe we can get these spring 2021 models fixed up and out the door” 😂

sorry for my rant n my cussing but I’m not going to edit it. It’s my opinion n showing the facts didn’t change peoples opinions. Honestly you know that everything is good in people’s lives when this is what concerns them. For that I’m happy for everyone.
Hat Cap Sleeve Sun hat Fedora
;)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I recall ... from my Bowtech vertical bow days how sensitive and defensive the Mathews guys were. Poke them with a little "all new means they added another Mathews vibration damper" zinger and they'd lose their minds in a rage ...lol They were as easy to get wound up as recurve crossbow guys, or stickbow guys are. Very insecure lot. :sneaky: :p
Agreed, I never cared for the brand only because when they first took off you couldn't pick up ANY periodical without having some Mathews BS plastered all over it. Their bows are ok but they don't offer anything magical that the other brands don't. I shot Hoyt, Bowtech and Elite for a number of years only because with Mathews you need to get accessories pertaining only to Mathews.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I would add their advertising campaigns are built for the uninformed. So they want to accentuate the positive. Highest speed. Lightest weight. Shortest length etc. they write it in legalese so as not to get sued and on they March.

in the end the bow feels as light or heavy as the user feels. If he’s used to a heavy rifle and an older heavy crossbow. A 9 lb Ten Point fully rigged seems light.

but in the end all companies do it…

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I shot nothing but Bear bows since I started with a recurve and ended with a compound. I can't imagine I would have killed any better with a Matthews.

·
12,944 Posts
Agreed, I never cared for the brand only because when they first took off you couldn't pick up ANY periodical without having some Mathews BS plastered all over it. Their bows are ok but they don't offer anything magical that the other brands don't. I shot Hoyt, Bowtech and Elite for a number of years only because with Mathews you need to get accessories pertaining only to Mathews.
I didn't ... like the fat handgrip on them. Just didn't like it. Too easy to ham-hand the bow and torque it. I actually ground, filed and sanded my Bowtech grips down to slivers.
Plant Wood Grass Biome Tree

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The nicest shooting Bowtech I had was a General, that had a skinny grip and was super quiet at the shot. I never liked short ata bows but that one I could shoot well.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Garmin Xero
1,375 Posts
I have a Bowtech G3 that I bought back in 2000 or 2001. Has the 3rd cam coming off the riser below the grip. Before my shoulder injury I loved shooting that thing.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Gents, really, is this where we need to go? I was hoping it would not. My OP was model specific but generally speaking for all OEM's. I think I stated OEM's. I just pointed out weight spec discrepancy being excessive. Hmmm, we've been down this road with arrows. Again, I hope we can do our best not to evolve into a food fight. It serves no purpose.

Does anyone know how much the WR Fury 410 weighs sans quiver and a scope? If I was to get one, which I am considering, I'd just mount a single 3.8oz. Sig Romeo5 Red Dot on the Xbow. If anyone can answer that question that would be helpful for my future considerations. I don't require an HHA. I now know if if I set zero at 32-33 yards shooting 380-393fps the arrow the holdover should be +/- 3" between 20-47 yards. I've done it with my Sub-1 XR and a KI Ripper 425. Note: I do like the newer style de-cocking setup on the Fury 410 vs my past Viper. An accurate answer hopefully comes forward.

·
Registered
198 Posts
No matter what the numbers say, until you pick it and see how it fits you, you don't know. Same with guns, little heavier but fits me perfectly, I like the feel etc. Can't always use the specs to decide. Bought vehicles that had all the right stuff but I ended up hating. Go check them out in person.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Gents, really, is this where we need to go? I was hoping it would not. My OP was model specific but generally speaking for all OEM's. I think I stated OEM's. I just pointed out weight spec discrepancy being excessive. Hmmm, we've been down this road with arrows. Again, I hope we can do our best not to evolve into a food fight. It serves no purpose.

Does anyone know how much the WR Fury 410 weighs sans quiver and a scope? If I was to get one, which I am considering, I'd just mount a single 3.8oz. Sig Romeo5 Red Dot on the Xbow. If anyone can answer that question that would be helpful for my future considerations. I don't require an HHA. I now know if if I set zero at 32-33 yards shooting 380-393fps the arrow the holdover should be +/- 3" between 20-47 yards. I've done it with my Sub-1 XR and a KI Ripper 425. Note: I do like the newer style de-cocking setup on the Fury 410 vs my past Viper. An accurate answer hopefully comes forward.
I was checking out Wicked Ridge Fury 410. TP advertises the Xbow at 7.5lbs. I saw YouTube video from a major Online re-Sailer: Add all the accessories and it's at 11lbs. Kudos to them for being honest. I guess if you are setting it up on a pod system and have short walks to hunt this is acceptable. Also, not taking away the price point value but that is 3.5lbs difference!!!! That's ridiculous. I was thinking of adding this to my Xbow collection but nope, no can do. Not lugging a 11lb Xbow on my back for my style walk in hunting. Just not doing it.

Good luck to those wanting this price point value Xbow. Lot's to like once setup but just can't do it. Not 11 lbs in 2022.
Post #1 you post TP advertised weight (w/o accessories) as 7.5 lbs. you also state that you are not buying it due to this.
Post #51 you ask what it weighs w/o accessories. You also state you are considering it.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
So you took this much time to asses my posts?. So what are you suggesting? My energy is a reaction nothing more. I’ve owned Ten Points, Wicked Ridge, Barnett’s, PSE. BearX and currently own a Mission Xbow . I’m no fanboy with any OEM are you? Quit looking into dark closets and turn on the lights. The room brightens if you do.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
How much does a 16 oz soda weigh if i take it out of the bottle and put it in dixie cup

• Haha
Reactions: beervo2

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
So you took this much time to asses my posts?. So what are you suggesting? My energy is a reaction nothing more. I’ve owned Ten Points, Wicked Ridge, Barnett’s, PSE. BearX and currently own a Mission Xbow . I’m no fanboy with any OEM are you? Quit looking into dark closets and turn on the lights. The room brightens if you do.
😂

no fanboy huh? I’m sure I could disprove this too!

come on, don’t make me the bad guy! It’s all your own words and I didn’t say anything that you didn’t 😝

I better just stay out of this thread and let it run it’s course. 😀

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Again, don’t fan boy this thread. It serves no purpose and yes it will run its course.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Well people we all choose what we like n don't like. Sometimes it ends up as the same model. Yeah we talked ourself into buying it cause it was great. Then after we had it we really did not want to say it was not good. Denial, there it is that nasty word, can't face that we got snookered by ourselves. I got a boat anchor one time, was a real good model,but too heavy for me. So i took that loss n sold it. I keep my eyes peeled now. If any model i get to liking says bare weight 7.5 Lbs or more i lose interest real fast. You notice i don't own any actual fast shooting crossbows or as i call them boat anchorsor cost more than i can save up for in 2 years

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
😂

no fanboy huh? I’m sure I could disprove this too!

come on, don’t make me the bad guy! It’s all your own words and I didn’t say anything that you didn’t 😝

I better just stay out of this thread and let it run it’s course. 😀
Geez you don't like his opinions or posts ? Or your having a bad hair day ? Heck Tom on the run can ride in my truck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t mind some weight on a crossbow. Mercedes are heavier than other comparable cars...they are also very well built. I like the solid “weighty” feel of my Tenpoint Vapor RS470 in my hands. Sure, the crossbow can feel a little heavy after a while, but I consider it good exercise, and part of the “hunting” game. My grandfather played golf 3 times a week...always walked (Like the pros do); refused to use a cart. Said it was part of the game. He lived to a healthy 94. Just sayin.....😂😂

41 - 60 of 105 Posts