Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Do you think we will Get a New Mission 2023 model crossbow this Fall.........?
Sub-1 XR & Sub-1 Lite appeared three years ago (2019). Nothing new in 2020, 2021, & 2022 has become a trend. That includes nothing new for their compound bow offerings, too! All four current Mission compound bows were introduced in 2019. Nothing has changed in years.

Imagine if Mathews had done that with their compound bows in the past. The archery world would have been in shock!

If I were to pick a current Mission crossbow, it would be the Sub-1. That model has been around for 4+ years.

I have to believe Mission is working on something. If not, they have archery engineers who are way over paid.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Mission has sort of trapped them selves withier cocking and decoking strategy, There just not much more they can do unless they get on board with their Ravin or Ten point cocking / decoking system.
To cock the mission bow if the speed goes up would require the bulky cocking add on and decoking a higher weight means the the user has to take the even now heavier load or use the add on cocker again.
I think they would do well to push the existing XR model up to a true 400 f.p.s bow.
A 400 f.p.s model using a 400 grain arrow would be a good start.

·
4,831 Posts
Mission seems to be happy and keeping there boat a float. Making good reliable both hunting and target bows. Warranty and customer service from my experience is on a par with Excalibur.

Who else comes close One of the quitest, no need for a press, easy to both rope cock and let down, very accurate, lifetime warranty honored on discontinued models.

While everyone else is chasing speed to stay a float.

·
5,889 Posts
Doesn’t seem logical to expect anything that new from them this year. As it’s been stated, they have many patents to use to come up with something innovative. They just will do it when Matt is ready and not before. If they aren’t changing the lineup (vertical side either), they must be selling enough to be content. Not all companies are interested in “keeping up with” Ravin and TP. I’ve never been the biggest fan of Mathews, but certainly can’t argue the success of doing business and advertising/ sponsoring the way they do. Matt has always seemed to be allergic to using others ideas and giving credit, rather than focusing on “Mathews innovation “. Can’t see them being all that eager to adopt an acuslide type system in their crossbows.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
No i don't see any new models coming out this year. Unlike many i like the Sub-1 platform. I don't like the 8 lb bare weight. So i am very happy with the 3 MXB models i have on hand. Every one of them can kill cleaning out to 50 yds

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
388 Posts
There are things that still could be done. As much as I like my Sub 1 XR it could be improved. It is the best shooting bow I have owned, but I don't think that it is the best handling. I still like the weight and handling of my Scorpyd Deathstalker the best. Take those two bows and put all of the features of the XR in a package that handles like a DS in a sub-7 lb. barebow reverse draw. That would be something special.

·
Registered
788 Posts
No Rumors........ no ASA gossip about a new model.........
If Mathews didn't release a new compound bow every year, I think the Earth would stop rotating. The archery world would surely be stunned by that! Mission, however, seems to take a different approach to things. No new bows or crossbows since 2019.

I just signed up on the Mission website -

CONNECT WITH US

I am watching what Mission does next. The Sub-1 checks a lot of boxes for me (wouldn't mind owning one), but I am not in a hurry to buy a new crossbow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Any new updates??
I’m about to pull the trigger on an XR, but don’t really have to have one right now. I’d hate to buy one then next month a new bow is released. I think the original sub 1 was released in early Oct 2017. We are coming up on early October, if there’s any significance to that time frame.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hang in there Mission is Due.......... for a new release........ if they don't you can always pick up a Xr or sub1 ......... been a few folks waiting the last couple of years ......

·
Registered
788 Posts
hang in there Mission is Due.......... for a new release........ if they don't you can always pick up a Xr or sub1 ......... been a few folks waiting the last couple of years ......
Mission hasn't released a new crossbow or compound bow since 2019. If you go to their Mission archery (bow) website it says, "Meet our new line up!" That new line up is also 3+ years old.

In all honesty, most of the archery industry has been a lot of marketing hype over the past few decades, & no one did that more than Mathews. Mathews seems to have taken a different route with their Mission line up. In some ways, I find that refreshing.

Mission's current line up of crossbows are quite intertwined with one another. When a new model does appear, it will be interesting to see what happens to the Sub-1 line of crossbows?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Mission hasn't released a new crossbow or compound bow since 2019. If you go to their Mission archery (bow) website it says, "Meet our new line up!" That new line up is also 3+ years old.

In all honesty, most of the archery industry has been a lot of marketing hype over the past few decades, & no one did that more than Mathews. Mathews seems to have taken a different route with their Mission line up. In some ways, I find that refreshing.

Mission's current line up of crossbows are quite intertwined with one another. When a new model does appear, it will be interesting to see what happens to the Sub-1 line of crossbows?
They have released a new compound every year. V3x last year and V3 year before and so on.

·
Registered
788 Posts
They have released a new compound every year. V3x last year and V3 year before and so on.
I remember when Mathews moved from Austin, Minnesota & built a new factory in Sparta, Wisconsin in 1995. I bought my first Mathews Solo Cam bow in 1996, and I used that bow every season until 2013. Every year I used that bow something newer & better was released each year. By the time I bought a new bow (different brand) in 2013, Mathews was nearing the end of their Solo Cam era. Mathews has released a new compound bow every year since they have existed as a company. If Mathews didn't release a new bow every year, it would be a shock to the archery industry.

That is not the case with Missions apparently!

People can think whatever they want, but a compound bow from 10 years ago is not all that different (spec-wise) from a new bow today.

·
Registered
576 Posts
In my humble opinion, there is significant room for improvement with the Sub-1 line-up's trigger unit. If it had the trigger unit of my Scorpyd Aculeus....or the TriggerTech unit that is optional on Excalibur crossbows.....then the Sub-1 series would be a nearly ideal crossbow.

As it is, my Aculeus will outshoot my standard Sub-1 all day.....not by much, but it will.

·
Registered
TenPoint Turbo S1 / Burris Oracle X
2,235 Posts
The way they wrap and wind those cables and strings Around an XR is an absolute travesty! Their vertical Bows are nothing but marketing hype at its epitome. How much of the cost of that V3XYZ goes to pay the Drurys and Lekoskys to say Mathew’s every 4 min on their shows? Matt McPherson got me once on an XR it will take something earth moving to get me again.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The way they wrap and wind those cables and strings Around an XR is an absolute travesty! Their vertical Bows are nothing but marketing hype at its epitome. How much of the cost of that V3XYZ goes to pay the Drurys and Lekoskys to say Mathew’s every 4 min on their shows? Matt McPherson got me once on an XR it will take something earth moving to get me again.
Personally, I don't think some of the major players (Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, Elite, PSE, Prime, etc...) in the archery industry are all that interested in crossbows. The same company may own Bowtech & Excalibur, but I don't see the two companies influencing each other's products.

As far as marketing goes, all these companies are cranking out new compound bows each year. Mathews probably led the charge for a long time, but that's no longer the case today. As far as pricing goes, the latest, greatest hunting bow from each company is going to be within a couple hundred dollars of each other (see examples below).

Mathews does sponsor a lot of guys in the hunting industry. If that's a bad thing, that's a new one to me. I think it's smart on their part.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
I doubt Mission will release a new model/s crossbow this year. Just like the past 4 years, they are riding the Sub-1 platform. If they release anything next year to get me to look it best be a 6.25 pounder popping 390 fps

1 - 20 of 28 Posts