Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Vertical bows and Tenpoint Viper
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new Sub 1 Lite. I've shot it 30 times and love everything about it. It is very accurate, fairly quiet with little recoil and vibration. However, every once in awhile it is hard to cock without really pulling hard near the end of the stroke. Most of the time it is very easy to cock. I wonder why this is happening and is there sometime I need to do to prevent this. Thanks to all who respond.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just got one myself and have not noticed anything like that. The only times I had any trouble the hook got caught on the cable prior to drawing...was angled down a bit...and when I started to draw I felt an odd pressure then relaxed and found the problem. If you are having an issue, is anything in contact with the cables?....and are they routed correctly? Just my thoughts/experiences.
Fred

·
1,041 Posts
I just purchased a new Sub 1 Lite. I've shot it 30 times and love everything about it. It is very accurate, fairly quiet with little recoil and vibration. However, every once in awhile it is hard to cock without really pulling hard near the end of the stroke. Most of the time it is very easy to cock. I wonder why this is happening and is there sometime I need to do to prevent this. Thanks to all who respond.
With the let off designed in the cam system all Sub series bows should be much easier to cock towards the end.
I’m assuming your using the rope cocker.
Be sure the safety is in the fire position.
Lace the rope through the cocking cleat and be sure the hooks are facing up.
If your doing this, and it is getting harder to cock please have the bow looked at by a dealer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got one myself and have not noticed anything like that. The only times I had any trouble the hook got caught on the cable prior to drawing...was angled down a bit...and when I started to draw I felt an odd pressure then relaxed and found the problem. If you are having an issue, is anything in contact with the cables?....and are they routed correctly? Just my thoughts/experiences.
Fred
Fred, I took the crossbow to a Mission dealer and found out what my problem was. Sometimes as I was drawing; instead of pulling straight up I was angling my arms at a 45 degree angle and pulling with my back. I did not realize that until the dealer pointed it out to me. I'm new to crossbows and finding out that it is a whole new ballgame compared to vertical bows. It has been an interesting journey but at times frustrating. I owe Mission an apology as I was sure there was a factory defect in the trigger system. Instead I was the problem all along.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This AM I was shooting and cocking the crossbow and being careful to pull straight with the rail. Still not able to cock unless I pulled really hard at the strokes peak. Found out the latch is not returning to it's proper position unless you "fiddle" with the silver plate that lies to left of the latch. When you do this the latch drops down into it's appropriate position and the bow is easily cocked after this. But what a hassle. Took it back to the dealer and they are returning it to Mission. Guess I do not owe Mission an apology afterall.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mission has replaced the entire trigger housing and a new string. The string was damaged when the crossbow was cocked. So guys and gals if you have a Mission Sub 1 that is hard to cock take it to a Mission dealer. Mission will stand behind their product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts