Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brand new to any kind of bow hunting. I just bought a Mission Sub-1 XR. Ive only shot it a few times but the cocking is inconsistent. I am using the cocking rope from Mission. I am 99% sure I am going through all the correct procedures. I described my issue to their customer service and they felt I needed to take it to the dealer which I will tomorrow. I just wanted to mention it on here and see what yall said. Supposed to be able to cock it in the fire position which it will do most of the time but sometimes when i pull back it will not engage or "catch" and I have to ease the string back down. I pull once again, harder and all the way up but nothing. After that I try it by putting on safety before cocking and so far it works when I do that. I keep trying the supposed correct way, on fire, and sometimes it works and sometimes it wont. It has a decocking button that i have insured is in the correct position. Thoughts??

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
It's new send it back in for one that works correctly. That's not something you want to deal with. Safety 1st.
Now's the time of year when many folks are out target shooting. Has everyone tried their safety's to see if it indeed works? In a safe manner of course aiming at a target.
Because I bet some don't work.

·
Registered
67 Posts
are ya going jerky motion when ya pulling back? If ya don't come up in one fluid motion the bow can go into "safe" thinking ya cocked the bow but actually ya never completed the motion.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely sure on the safe/cock button. On the jerky motion I guess thats possible. Im so conscious of the issue now I could be going slow since im trying to pay so much attention to it. I dont think so though. If that was a likely problem you would think the Mission customer service guy would of asked about that. He didnt offer anything but just insuring I was doing the basics correct and seemed to imply it was a rare issue.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Took it to a dealer and there is definitely a mechanical malfunction. They gave me a new bow and will send it back. In case it happens to anyone else I can describe a little. When it fires its supposed to go back into the fire position. For some reason it doesnt do that everytime. If you look at that particular bow from the side after it fires and familiarize yourself with what its supposed to look like then you will be able to tell when it isnt in that position. After it fires and before you start to cock it will not be aligned correctly.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am glad the company took care of the problem. That was the first time I ever heard of that type of problem. I have looked at my sub 1 and tried to figure out how and why that problem was occurring, I could not see what was not working.

Anyway get out and kill that big buck now!

Koz

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brand new to any kind of bow hunting. I just bought a Mission Sub-1 XR. Ive only shot it a few times but the cocking is inconsistent. I am using the cocking rope from Mission. I am 99% sure I am going through all the correct procedures. I described my issue to their customer service and they felt I needed to take it to the dealer which I will tomorrow. I just wanted to mention it on here and see what yall said. Supposed to be able to cock it in the fire position which it will do most of the time but sometimes when i pull back it will not engage or "catch" and I have to ease the string back down. I pull once again, harder and all the way up but nothing. After that I try it by putting on safety before cocking and so far it works when I do that. I keep trying the supposed correct way, on fire, and sometimes it works and sometimes it wont. It has a decocking button that i have insured is in the correct position. Thoughts??
I’m having this exact same problem with my Sub 1 will be calling Mission tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Took it to a dealer and there is definitely a mechanical malfunction. They gave me a new bow and will send it back. In case it happens to anyone else I can describe a little. When it fires its supposed to go back into the fire position. For some reason it doesnt do that everytime. If you look at that particular bow from the side after it fires and familiarize yourself with what its supposed to look like then you will be able to tell when it isnt in that position. After it fires and before you start to cock it will not be aligned correctly.
I just had this problem with my Sub 1 after probably 10,000 shots or so. I think its the return spring for the latch. If I flipped my safety on I can cock it but it will not cock after the shot without flipping the safety on and engaging the latch. Local dealer is sending mine back in next week for repair. I can't complain....it had a rough 3D season lol It's my favorite bow so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just had this problem with my Sub 1 after probably 10,000 shots or so. I think its the return spring for the latch. If I flipped my safety on I can cock it but it will not cock after the shot without flipping the safety on and engaging the latch. Local dealer is sending mine back in next week for repair. I can't complain....it had a rough 3D season lol It's my favorite bow so far.
[/QUOTE
Mine did it after around 4-shots and I couldn’t figure it out, it acted like the right side orange cocker handle was hanging up some how. But last night I shot after reading this column and found that if I switch it to “safe” manually after each shot it works like it should. If I shoot and cock normal it will hang up every 4-5 shots.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts