Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experienced a string failure with factory string? New crossbow in fall of 2019 with less than 50 shots. String snapped on range sending limbs flying. Full damage not assessed yet.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
This is the first I ever heard of a string just snapping on its own without any cause to the effect. Where did the string break at ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the first I ever heard of a string just snapping on its own without any cause to the effect. Where did the string break at ?
Right at the serving. Reedy's archery in MA said the same thing. They had not heard of one breaking before. The rail was well lubed. Very strange. Doesn't look like any damage.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
If it was in the middle it was a partial dry fire or, I'm guessing a turned moon nock? Is that the nock your using?

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Yeah, if it broke at the center serving where the arrow centers it, then yes, I would assume the arrow would be the culprit.

Reactions: Boo

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I read about this before i bought mine.. I got a set from Marty and have about 400 shots on them and they look brand New!
I don't like factory strings, never have and always put custom set on before shooting any Bow or Crossbow! View attachment 184943
Are you waxing them ? How does the center serving look ? I put the servings on good and tight. You can wax them in moderation to extend their life. I recommend a wax that is tacky or sticky though. I'm not a big fan of the polymeric waxes. I've had issues with it causing seperation. I like the Prorelease Black Lightening and Bohning Tex-Tite and Seal-Tite.

Reactions: Boo

·
Registered
85 Posts
Are you waxing them ? How does the center serving look ? I put the servings on good and tight. You can wax them in moderation to extend their life. I recommend a wax that is tacky or sticky though. I'm not a big fan of the polymeric waxes. I've had issues with it causing seperation. I like the Prorelease Black Lightening and Bohning Tex-Tite and Seal-Tite.
Yes I been waxing every 50 shots and lube rail ever 25 and all looks Great!

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I don't have an XR but I run Threadz on my Sub 1. I tried the factory strings but shooting 3d I couldn't keep them in time and wore them out rather quickly. GAS also makes a good string they will be a bit higher than Threadz and take longer to get

1 - 9 of 9 Posts