Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mission Sub 1 lite vs Excalibur micro 340 td pro . Looking for most overall reliability and ease of maintenance . Please let me know your opinion and why . I know the final decision is up to me but other opinions and Experiences can only help . Thanks

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the sub-1 lite and couldn't be happier. It's very accurate, quiet for a crossbow, easy to rope cock, and you can uncock safely without firing an arrow.
335 fps is plenty speed to zip right through whitetails and hogs which are the animals I hunt. I'm sure you would be happy with either the sub-1 lite or the Excalibur. Two good choices!

·
Registered
279 Posts
I've had both..of course..LoL!
Even though I'm an Excalibur fan, I'd likely choose the Sub one lite.
Bow is really sweet, super easy to cock, balances well. I could shoot lights out with it from a standing position.
Only problem I had, was it had a limb crap out on me with less than 50 shots on the bow. I was shocked to say the least. But, that can happen at anytime, with any bow. Mission took care of me right quick.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I have the sub-1 lite and couldn't be happier. It's very accurate, quiet for a crossbow, easy to rope cock, and you can uncock safely without firing an arrow.
335 fps is plenty speed to zip right through whitetails and hogs which are the animals I hunt. I'm sure you would be happy with either the sub-1 lite or the Excalibur. Two good choices!
Another plus for the sub-1 lite, no bow press needed to change cable and strings .

·
8,917 Posts
Mission … I prefer compounds. They do more with less effort. They're the more efficient energy producer.

·
Registered
347 Posts
They're both great with different pros and cons. I'm one more affected by "effort" than just about anyone here, and even I find the effort to cock a heavy draw recurve a moot point. Once you get it back you're basically sitting there for hours anyway waiting for the shot with either one. Even while practicing it's a non-issue for me.

Any specific reason why you are looking at the TD Pro vs, say the Axe/Mag? If you don't really plan on using the TD feature all the time, it's just added cost and complexity.

I'd say go handle each one and see what feels best shouldering and shooting to you.

If I were in the market for a compound, the sub 1 lite would be near the top of my list though...

·
971 Posts
Sub1Lite
The Mission Sub series of bows have proven themselves as one of the most accurate, reliable, and forgiving crossbows on the market.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Another vote for Sub 1 lite. Easy to cock and decock. Quiet and smooth. I only shot one at the ATA show but it was the quietest crossbow I've every shot. I'd like to have one but can't right now. Since shooting the Mission line for 3D I've become quite the fan of their bows.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi,

I have shot the Mission Sub1 and own the 340 TD. I would take the Excalibur at anytime again. Accurate as hell out to 80 yards and really well balanced. Take down feature is a plus too. Have put plenty of shots trough it no problems with tightness/accuracy or such. With the Explorer case the portability is just amazing.
Replaced the trigger with a triggertech and prefer it over the Missions one. The Sub1 is a very smooth shooter tho.

·
11,306 Posts
Get both, shoot and hunt with them a season and you’ll know which fits you the best 😊

·
Registered
335 Posts
I’ve had a Sub 1 and 340td, When it comes to string and cable change on the Sub platform it’s not even close as easy as the Excalibur 340, if that means anything to you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts