Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi xbowmen, I'm seriously considering to buy a Man Kung XB58 "Kraken" AKA Skorpion XBC420 AKA CenterPoint Heat AKA CenterPoint Patriot AKA CenterPoint Amped 415 AKA CemterPoint 425 and maybe some others.

I read on this forum it is a good and very popular budget xbow. If you have some documentation on it like manuals, drowings, spare parts list and info please post them here.

Thank you!
馃悧

Registered
theres blow up picture of it here somewhere, prolly on centerpoint sub forum that has parts list

heres few things to check when you get yours:

cam lean, check how even string rests uncocked on rail
string dampener screws, dont over tight em as backplate is very brittle
i recommend polishing latches before you take single shot
if you get annoyed by rattle from adjustable buttstock, place rubber string on bottom of tube and put it in shortest position
this should keep it firmly in place

if limbs are not even and you have front to back cam lean, i would recommend getting new limbs right away, they are not in stock atm

they made some adjustments to 425 and 435, patriot amped and heat used to be all 415, i think it just bit more thicker support piece in between riser and barrel and different lenghts on cables/string

and get proper scope

Registered
forgot: manual is safety instructions and how to put it together, theres no further info on anything

u can read it at centerpoint site

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you fly for the advices!
I hope to get a good xbow as I'd be very upset to change the cams or the libs!!!
What do you mean with "polishing latches"? Sorry, I'm new to xbows and my english is poor.
ah, I have this Belarusian scope 3-9x40 that should be better than the original 4x32. Anyone can read the Belarusian? I don't.

Registered
get finest sandpaper you find, like p2000 or p2500, cut strips of 10cm / 3mm and polish latches that grabs string when you cock it

pull latches into fire position with screwdriver or something, when your done polishing, lift anti dryfire from left side nob and pull trigger to release it from cocked position, you can remove safety when you lift antidryfire

they do not need much to get polished, like 3 strips on each latch should do it, this will will prevent em stripping serving from string, make sure you clean em up good or the material left there will also damage the serving and make sure any dosnt get into trigger box, i used lots of tape to cover it

its cheapest xbow with that power in europe, dont expect much for a quality ;)

if there is much of a cam lean, middle serving from string will start to wear of very fast, same as with the unpolished latches, so you will be changing string in 50-150shots

Registered
and get some string wax, package should come with rail lube, dont use it on string

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
great tips for a beginner like me! thank you very much fly!

about the xbow you said not to expect high quality... I don't but hope to enjoy it without too many issues.
anyway, do you have other models to suggest me to buy instead of MK XB58 in the same price range (300-350$) that would be better and higher quality choices?

Registered
great tips for a beginner like me! thank you very much fly!

about the xbow you said not to expect high quality... I don't but hope to enjoy it without too many issues.
anyway, do you have other models to suggest me to buy instead of MK XB58 in the same price range (300-350$) that would be better and higher quality choices?
sorry cant recommend any, im pretty sure they all have they weak parts, ive been into crossbows for 3months and this kraken is only one i have

its very very accurate and powerfull crossbow, and with that power comes some issues that makes it bit more expensive to use, like arrows and targets, they will not last long unless you invest into quality ones

you might get longer life and cheaper expences if you go for lower power crossbow, like ~300-330fps
this could also let you compete more easy, if you ever think of competing

for my surprice mankung arrows that came with it has least wear on shaft, im not sure if its just for that i didnt group em or is it that the arrows are actually very durable, but i shot some carbon express piledrivers, and they might be great for hunting, but on target shooting they looks to be kinda meh, there is bad wear for grouping em too tight

alumium arrows shouldnt have that issue but manufacturer dosnt recommend using em as they bend more easy with all that power, altho ive shot one and it worked just fine, i do not have tools to measure its straightness so cant tell if its straight or not anymore

one more thing: never aim into same spot, i know many here has done that, including me. its just that accurate and you will start to lose arrows :)

there is lots of good videos to see at DBB channel

(1) Death by Bunjie - YouTube

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You are really kind and helpful. I'll stick to this xbow and set aside some money for the arrows, targets and mantenance.
I'll let you know my feelings when it will be shipped to me and after some use of it.
(y)

Registered
There is an European (Dutch) website, hosted by a distributor.
I would try there for documentation, a email address is given.
I had been ordering a XB54 there some while ago, and they were quite responsive and helpful.
ah, I have this Belarusian scope 3-9x40 that should be better than the original 4x32. Anyone can read the Belarusian? I don't.
I would try to "google" the exact type designation, perhaps something comes up. Might be an import or export product, with other languages available.
I can read a bit of Russian, but your images are too small for that.

Premium Member
Hi xbowmen, I'm seriously considering to buy a Man Kung XB58 "Kraken" AKA Skorpion XBC420 AKA CenterPoint Heat AKA CenterPoint Patriot AKA CenterPoint Amped 415 AKA CemterPoint 425 and maybe some others.

I read on this forum it is a good and very popular budget xbow. If you have some documentation on it like manuals, drowings, spare parts list and info please post them here.

Thank you!
馃悧

View attachment 197899
Here is a list of CenterPoint Manuals available for download:
Owner's Manuals - CenterPoint Archery Crossbows

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would try to "google" the exact type designation, perhaps something comes up. Might be an import or export product, with other languages available.
I can read a bit of Russian, but your images are too small for that.
wb_hunter, I made some close-up photos to the bealorusian optic manual. If you are able to understand something, or find on line something in english, please let me know!

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
.... so many sites in europe mixing rail lube with string wax, do not use rail lube to wax strings
Yes, I added a string wax stick to my order. The rail lube should be included in the xbow kit.

Just for my information: it is wrong to use mechanic lube for the rail and normal parafin or natural bees wax for the string? why?

Registered
Besides of more general information (data, mounting, warranty) I can't decipher much without dictionary ... my school Russian is a bit rusty.
However, the production date (date of recorded shipment from the factory) is from April 1996, from a factory/company named "Zenit" in Minsk (Transcriptions might differ...).
I think it is this one (in English) : BELOMO Z4
I would not expect to find the exact model on the webpage, considering it's age.
It seems no mounting brackets were included, not sure what size would fit to mount it on a picatinny rail.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good! I'm going to write a mail to the Marketing Office asking for an english tranlation of the manual if available.

Registered
Good! I'm going to write a mail to the Marketing Office asking for an english tranlation of the manual if available.
I don't have such a scope available, but mounting and usage seem quite obvious to me. Not sure if you would need a written manual.
And growing up in the Eastern Bloc (not Russia or Belarus ... ;-)), I vividly remember the quality of consumer product manuals of that time. Thus I am not sure of an English translation would provide much new and useful information ...
But surely worth a try.
Perhaps they could deliver mounting brackets, in case of unusual scope diameters.
Just for comparison, I had ordered a Hawke scope for one of my crossbows last year, and was able to mount it without any further instructions. And neither did I need instructions for sighting it in.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts