Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14,494 Posts
I had … a bunch supplied for Wounded Warrior hunt mentoring. They sucked ...lol A high percentage wobbled like a drunk when spin testing; and they were nearly impossible to sharpen. What more could we possibly ask for in a broadhead???...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have shot them for years with great success with my vertical bow. Just got a crossbow and started shooting them from that. So far, so good.

As for sharpening, I find them to be very easy to sharpen. They don't "feel" razor sharp because of the fixed angles, but they are extremely sharp. I've killed many deer and elk with no issues due to a dull broadhead.

·
Registered
18,434 Posts
I agree as mine all shoot same POI as my field points and while they do not really feel shaving sharp they will pop a stretched out rubber band as soon as they touch it. I shot two does with one of my heads from Excal crossbows and both fell in sight but left huge blood trails.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have hunted with them with my vertical bow and they're great! Very easy to sharpen and almost always have complete pass through. Accuracy of the 100 gr G5 Montec was equal to my FP's. Under 30 yards, I was shaving off vanes and having to put new ones on.
Sharpen on an average honing stone, then to a 1200 grit stone, then on 1500 grit sandpaper( auto body paper). I use a small bit of honing oil and I can attest these Montecs come out super sharp.
FWIW...I'll never get rid of my G5 Montecs. They're too reliable to toss aside!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.