Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
11,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manufacturers won't do it so...........I will:p This is the way a moon nock should be, wituout all the sharp edges and NOT made of molded plastic.

Attachments

·
Banned
364 Posts
I'd like to now what the is purpose of that nock? Every crossbow that I know, shoots flat nocks just fine. That being the case; why develop the expensive half moon aluminum nock???

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
To preserve warranty coverage(?)
How expensive Moon?

·
11,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Moon nocks

Griz, there is one crossbow on the market that absolutely requires moon nocks. Others may follow:) I dont think nocks will break anyone's bank. I continue to shoot flats on my current crossbows and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I have not decided what the price will be per dozen if I go forward with it.

·
Banned
258 Posts
Very sweet Moon,would like a set of them!:)

·
665 Posts
I have no idea what the difference is, but i would try one:D

·
Banned
364 Posts
Yup, I forgot about one bow requiring them if you want to maintain the warranty. I think there are a few other manufacturers that highly recommend them.

They look very good and a whole lot better than the cheap plastic one. Shpould work great and hold up well.

·
512 Posts
Moonkryket, those nocks look really nice. I agree, they shouldn't be sharp plastic. You make um,.... I'll buy um.

·
11,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hang tight for a little bit

I can make them but I'd rather an existing archery manufacturer do it. If I can't get them to do it I might make some to sale but right now I have too much going on to tackle that. It's currently taking me a good 10 minutes per nock.:) I'll let you know how it goes.

·
Banned
364 Posts
Maybe you can get Parker interested in making them as the highly recommend using a moon nock. Especially if you DO NOT want to void your warranty!

·
Banned
402 Posts
Dagriz: read Parkers directions next time.

Yes it took Dagriz 2 black cyclones to figure that out,

Moon you need to Design and build a crossbow to shoot that nock next..

Maybe you can find enough Black spare parts laying around Dagriz yard?

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
edmcclaskey said:
Yes it took Dagriz 2 black cyclones to figure that out,

Moon you need to Design and build a crossbow to shoot that nock next..

Maybe you can find enough Black spare parts laying around Dagriz yard?
:eek:

·
11,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow

Tell you what Mr. Ed, I could probably design a REAL crossbow that is as good or better than anything that's come out of England...................or will come out of England in the future because it's already being done by Bowtech, Ten Point, Excaliber, Swissbow and now Horton Recon. You can do better than that...............ridiculing other manufacturers' product before you have ANYTHING borders on insanity I think. I'll give credit for 2 things though, you are extremely hard headed and good for a laugh from time to time. Keep up the good work:D I'm sure Phil is proud of you :)

·
11,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
BTW :)

Here's a photo of typical 40 yard shots, sitting with my elbow on my thigh for a rest, using my Moon Mini moon nocks shot out of a high end real crossbow:D The one on the left is a field point and the one 1" to the right is a fixed 3 blade. Can do it all day long:D

Attachments

·
Banned
402 Posts
parker cyclone thread

http://www.crossbownation.com/community/showthread.php?t=360

Going to wring it out some more with nothing but flat nocks. To me they are inherently more accurate. Plus I don't have to keep arrows separated.

Parker recommends moon nocks but I don't particularlly like them. I use flat nocks but I'M NOT RECOMMENDING that anyone switch to flat nocks.

Maybe you can get Parker interested in making them as the highly recommend using a moon nock. Especially if you DO NOT want to void your warranty!

and stay out of intelligent people's posting!!

does that include reading the directions?

·
1,426 Posts
moonieminienockie.. I Likee...

Moon : Have I ever told you that .. I like your nocks... smoothe and round and .... so perfectly formed ... ten minutes per nock is a small price to pay, and I am sure they could be mass produced at least the basic item then some softening of the edges by hand protecting the to be inserted portion ... I like good stuff whether it is absulytely necessary or not.... nice personal touch to your arrows... I approve for sure..
seriously that looks like a nice product... if they do not get lost the investment is a one time thing... I am interested in making some my self.. does the material have to be a certain hardness or not ? if it is a secret then I understand... I would jsut like to see if I could make some. or if I could soften the edges of the stock plastic nocks...I do not think they should be sharp either..
dk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts