Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welll.... I leave Friday for a short drive to Quebec to hunt moose with an outfitter.
First time for me to go with an outfitter.

I'm going with an old friend from New York that I haven't seen for ten years.
It's unguided. The outfitter is called Triple R Outfitters.

It's a 23 square Mile lease near the town of Rapides Des Joachims pronounced Swisha.....

With Ontario's moose draw ,I won't be eligible for a bull tag for another 8 years with the new point system.

I'm looking forward to seeing my old friend again and the tales will be flying,I'm sure aided and abetted by a few cold beers.

I'm taking my R26 with the Oracle x scope and TOTA broadheads.
Back up will be my old faithful Scorpyd Orion Extreme.

My dad always used to say the fun is over when the bull is down.
Having taken two with firearms and three with a vertical bow, I tend to agree.
Regardless how the hunt goes it will be a much needed vacation from my arborist work.

Wish me luck!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
16,354 Posts
Good luck! Go get 'em!;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Have a greats time and hunt Canuckarcher.(y)
I live in Quebec.I hunt moose with crossbow yet this year. Moose season is only five days in my hunting territory. The first day will be October 1. Moose population declined due to winter tick, but there are still nices bulls in our territory (smaller than those in Alaska, Yukon and TNO).
I will adjust my two Scorpyd tomorrow morning for TOTA broadheads.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have not heard much about Moose in Quebec. What do you think your chances are?
Pretty good,I think.
I've killed three pretty good bulls in Quebec over the years with a compound bow.
The hunt falls right in the rut so they are a bit easier to call in.
Ther are a couple of nice bulls in the area and if they don't get locked down on a cow ,we stand a good chance.
The bull in my avitar is the smallest of the three I've been fortunate enough to take with my bow.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
Pretty good,I think.
I've killed three pretty good bulls in Quebec over the years with a compound bow.
The hunt falls right in the rut so they are a bit easier to call in.
Ther are a couple of nice bulls in the area and if they don't get locked down on a cow ,we stand a good chance.
The bull in my avitar is the smallest of the three I've been fortunate enough to take with my bow.
Good luck!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts