Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm jerry from south shore and tapp nation forum accounts

I have handed over the tapp nation and south shore forum accounts to my partner Eric

So any posts you see, any questions you ask will be answered by Eric going forward

I have created my own new personal account. I am still available to answer arrows question but any business related questions need to be directed to Eric (Tapp-Nation)

I'm not going anywhere, I'm still in the shop everyday working away.

The reason i have made this move is one day eric will be here and I will have retired. We want to make that day as seemless as possible and that's why he now needs to get involved with everything a forum has to offer 馃槈

Registered
Sounds like Y'all have a good plan for your pending retirement. I sure you hope you stick around because I've learned a lot about arrows from your posts and I still have plenty to learn.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
I originally retired at 49 and then had the bright ida to start an archery shop as a hobby

I'm now 66 I told my wife when I retire this time no more new hobbies

Registered
I'm jerry from south shore and tapp nation

I have handed over the tapp nation and south shore forum accounts to my partner Eric

So any posts you see, any questions you ask will be answered by Eric going forward

I have created my own new personal account. I am still available to answer arrows question but any business related questions need to be directed to Eric (Tapp-Nation)

I'm not going anywhere, I'm still in the shop everyday working away.

The reason i have made this move is one day eric will be here and I will have retired. We want to make that day as seemless as possible and that's why he now needs to get involved with everything a forum has to offer 馃槈
Have already been working with him, you've got a great guy there!

Registered
Sounds like a GREAT plan Jerry. I'm sure Eric will do just fine.;):).

Registered
Sounds like you should definitely retire this time Jerry, you've have an awesome business I'm sure Eric will do a great job. My retirement is about 6 months and hopefully me and the Mrs will get to do some more hunting fishing and camping.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds like you should definitely retire this time Jerry, you've have an awesome business I'm sure Eric will do a great job. My retirement is about 6 months and hopefully me and the Mrs will get to do some more hunting fishing and camping.
We decided to sell our home and buy a 40' travel trailer and hit the road for at least a year, maybe 1.5 years.

Registered
Jerry , Good on you !! i think you have earned it and i am sure Eric will carry the torch when you are gone .
CONGRATS !!!!!

Registered
Be carefull Jerry....your "perception" of retirement may be skewed....

I talked with a man today , he retired 1 year ago and he cant adjust to not working everyday. Its driving him crazy all the free time on his hands. Good luck with your glory years....:)

I think people who love their jobs are the happiest. I actually enjoyed my job in the USAF (10 years) more than any other occupation I鈥檝e had. Wish I鈥檇 been a crop duster pilot, like my son. Hobbies and service related activities can give fulfillment.

Registered
I enjoyed my job as a Revenue Agent during the years when I was actually allowed to do my job. But the last 15 years or so it became a nightmare of sitting behind a desk looking at a computer while the phone rang non stop and all we could do was try and put out the fire that was burning brightest. My 40 hours per week of Field work became 4 hours a week if I got lucky. I was very happy to get my retirement.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Be carefull Jerry....your "perception" of retirement may be skewed....

I talked with a man today , he retired 1 year ago and he cant adjust to not working everyday. Its driving him crazy all the free time on his hands. Good luck with your glory years....:)
The problem with most people who put everything in their career is they put everything in their career so when they retire they have nothing left

Around 40 years ago i sat with 50k strangers listening to a motivational speaker named zig zigzag

He spoke for about 30 minutes and the only words I remember was this

If I become the most successful businessman in history and loose my family I'm not truly successful

Those words burned themselves deep in my being and since that day I have used them to keep myself focused and priorities straight

I will wake up every morning and thank God for that day. I will wait until my best friend is awake, we make the bed together then I meet her at the foot of our bed then kiss and hug her.

Then we get dressed, have breakfast together and I go to work at the shop and I give it the full attention it deserves

South Shore and Tapp Nation have been the most difficult thing i have ever done. Over the last 10 years it required 7 days a week most weeks.

But at the end of each day I went home to my best friend

Last week I celebrated 46 years of marriage to my high school sweetheart

Whether its gardening, fishing, boating, traveling or making our bed together each morning it will be spent together

I have no preconceived perception of retirement, I know exactly what it is going to be and I can't wait to get started

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 31 Posts